Generic Toner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings-
looking for recommendations for generic toner for my Brother HL-L2380DW laser printer. An excellent printer but the OE Brother replacement toner is pretty expensive. Generic toner is about 1/4 of the OE price. I have not had the best of luck with generic equivalent in the past and perhaps the collective knowledge here may provide recommendations for good generic toner suppliers.
Also, how long is the shelf life of unopened toner?

I've had great luck for the last few years with Linkyo ink on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LINKYO-Compa...16&keywords=Brother+HL-L2380DW+toner for your particular printer.

If you don't like buying on amazon, you can go to their website here: https://www.supermediastore.com/search?search--collection=all&q=Brother+HL-L2380DW

I have found slightly cheaper ink for my HP laserjet P1102w, but I found that when I went real cheap, I was only getting 500-1000 pages printer, per toner cartridge. For a buck or two more per toner, these guys get me 1400-1900 pages per toner. Love em.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i bought amazon two for $15 toner for my brother printer. Works great. why oem toner is so expensive is a mystery

Not really a mystery, it's where the profits are. Sorta like Gillette Razors. Printers are cheap, toner is expensive. They've always played a cat and mouse game with aftermarket generic toner. At one point I had a Brother color printer and only oem color toner worked right, most of the time the aftermarket was a little off. Gave up and got a Dell color laser and the aftermarket seems fine.

Are you refilling your time cartridge or looking for an aftermarket cartridge? I recently refilled my cartridge with some cheap toner from Amazon and it prints great.

Last edited:
I bought the jumbo Xerox toner cart. for my Xerox Phaser color laser printer. Its still more than the generic but less than the regular Xerox toner. But almost $600 for the 4 cartridges.

I have had mixed results with aftermarket toner and cannot be sure where the issue really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back