Direct Injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Educate me. Does this cleaning injectors apply to Diesel DI. I have a MB E 320 CDI with 108k miles. I have not noticed any performance issue. Should I be looking into it;?

Originally Posted by DallasTexas
Educate me. Does this cleaning injectors apply to Diesel DI. I have a MB E 320 CDI with 108k miles. I have not noticed any performance issue. Should I be looking into it;?

Anyone!

Thanks Trav for educating me and recommend the Techron Diesel. I have been using Kreen and not have had any issues. I will try Techron next.

Originally Posted by nthach
IS this for all DI, or more so VW/Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Ford DI using Bosch or Conti injectors?

I know that Toyota is using dual injection(D4-S) and so is Ford, will the DI injectors on those become a problem as well?

DI + PFI = double the failure modes. I would contend that since the direct injectors of dual injection systems are not always being used and that they're still getting pounded by combustion forces, but without fuel even flowing through them.

That sounds even worse odds than solo DI systems where fuel consistently flows through them, or else there's no combustion event pouding on it.

Also, nice work injector man Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
This illustrates why I do not want a DI vehicle . At my age , we may or may not buy another new car . The ones we presently own do not have DI .

Any slight increase in MPG over MPFI would potentially be eaten up by such repairs .

Originally Posted by demarpaint

So much for the "Italian Tune Up" or "Drive it like you stole it, or Only use top tier gas."
wink.gif
There are plenty of cars on the road that got more life out of a set of spark plugs...

Don't convolute two different issues. The italian tuneup has been shown to clean intake valves. That has nothing to do with DI injectors.

Originally Posted by Trav
Generally speaking the new ones are no different, this is the price you have to pay for a little better efficiency and slightly better mpg and power.
When you think about the environment they work in and its not surprise they get buggered up, it surprises me they go as long as they do.

True that … no easy task wrt design/manufacturing/maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back