Change those cabin filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dawgn86
so, the wife comes home and said the Pathfinder is making a funny, vibrating noise when the fan was on high ...long story short, the blower motor had about 15 acorns in it...took it out, cleaned it up..smooth now

one last question...i got the Fram Febreeze filters...I put them in with the arrows facing up...is that the right direction?

The arrows indicate the direction of airflow.

I just checked my wife's CAF on her Impala last weekend and it was still fairly clean. I installed a new one, Fram breeze, in April of this year so I wasn't expecting much.
A quick tap/vacuum then reinstalled it. It had a few small leafs/needles, etc, but for the most part, it was still minty. I'll check it again in the spring (April) but I am guessing I will likely get another full year out of it?
We live in the city and her car is basically a city, short drive to work type car.

Originally Posted by dawgn86
so, the wife comes home and said the Pathfinder is making a funny, vibrating noise when the fan was on high ...long story short, the blower motor had about 15 acorns in it...took it out, cleaned it up..smooth now

one last question...i got the Fram Febreeze filters...I put them in with the arrows facing up...is that the right direction?

Arrow down.

Ours get done every 6 months due to everyone in our house having bad allergies. I don't think I've seen one that bad before, lol.

Hmmmm, I better check mine also. Thanks for the tip. I remember wondering about it during installation and thought I figured it out but maybe not. So you're not the only one.

I recently bought my P38 Rover and found the cabin air filters in poor condition. On the P38 Rovers changing the cabin air filters is very important otherwise clogged filters cause excessive load on the fan relay and will burn up the relay with the whole fuse block.

EC2E5F4F-8207-4A7D-B0EF-996977EE73E1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back