yellow "web page is slowing down etc" under task bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do I get that message? I have 2 six core processors, 24 gb ram & 15k rpm hard drives with 1 gig unused.
internet speed is 30. Should be plenty of computer
Seems to happen most when I"m on the yahoo news page .Browser is Firefox- current.
Also seems to occur more after the dreaded win 10 update.

Any ideas?

Get rid of anything Yahoo..... News, Sports, Email....etc.
Lots & lots of alternative sports, news and email websites, that do not disrupt computers like Yahoo does.

Originally Posted by 928
Why do I get that message? I have 2 six core processors, 24 gb ram & 15k rpm hard drives with 1 gig unused.
internet speed is 30. Should be plenty of computer
Seems to happen most when I"m on the yahoo news page .Browser is Firefox- current.
Also seems to occur more after the dreaded win 10 update.

Any ideas?

A poorly-coded and/ or poorly-served web site will bring any system to a crawl. Have you tried an ad or script blocker?

I have ad blocker on- at any rate from what you are saying it isn't windows 10 update fault.
I have set the next download of win 10 update until mid nov , it was a mistake to take it on the first day.
Thanks!

The message is from your *browser*, telling you that the *web site* is not sending its pages fast enough.

Generally, hitting F5, or whatever 'page reload' control your browser has, will resend the page to you, complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back