Family member 2008 Nissan Armada 5.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family member ask me to take a look at her 2008 Nissan Armada 5.6L flex fuel 137k miles. The dealer want over a grand for doing maint on her suv. After what she told me, my dumb self start to voluntary take a look. I got the armada today , im gonna go over some basic maint . Feel free to correct me and what I should add. here what in my mind so far.

I test drove it, engine and transmission run pretty good, no leak or smoke when i look under the engine, everything look dry.

Engine oil and filter : 5w30 valvoline max life with FRAM ultra ( most know I dont like fram, but i do have some soft spot for the ultra, just the ultra alone )
Fram extra guard air filter
rear diff : 75w140 car quest , I dont know if it need the LSD addic or not
transmission fluid, i have no idea what to use.
clean MAF sensor
fuel filter.

mabe some where down the line, plug and wire change, but the armada having no check engine light and its run pretty good, no sign of missing. so imma just leave that a lone for now.

She just drove around town, rarely get on high way, she scare of highway ( go figure ). thank you . it will be a fun sunday.

Originally Posted by dogememe
scared of the highway? in an ARMADA? people are weird lol

My aunt is old now. I think she 70, time flew by so fast.

If it runs fine, I'd leave the transmission fluid alone. In my opinion, could be the biggest variable that will come back and bite you.
My 3 cents. Inflation hits everything.

thanks, Imma just do the oil and filter change, air filter, clean maf , and rear diff fluid change, that should wrap up. thanks all

Dealer been changing oil it whole life. Can tell by the Nissan oil filter . Everything look dry under there . So it's a good sign

B8C33A70-6B04-4DEA-9C8C-3574796D2F0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe down the line do a simple atf drain and fill. Hard to mess that up since they're easier than an oil change since no filter to replace. As long as there's a drain plug in the pan. Prob need 4 qts or so. Is there a dipstick for the atf?

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Maybe down the line do a simple atf drain and fill. Hard to mess that up since they're easier than an oil change since no filter to replace. As long as there's a drain plug in the pan. Prob need 4 qts or so. Is there a dipstick for the atf?

yes there a dipstick for the ATF, but with a lock bolt, you cant pull the dipstick unless you remove the bolt. anyway i check it , its look light red and smell sweet .

really there is no filter for the transmission ? I see the drain plug on it.

btw I love how nissan design this armada, everything look like easy to access and remove and replace, transmission having drain plug, rear diff have drain and fill plug, make maint so much easy. compare to other ford chevy dodge i own.

Originally Posted by dogememe
scared of the highway? in an ARMADA? people are weird lol

My sister in law is one that would drive forever
and never enter a highway.
A daughter of my mothers friend drove snow plows
for a municipality and would not drive on the
highway.Took her two hours to drive my mom home
one way a few times.

When you have a chance change the plugs. I did mine last weekend on my 11 Armada with 96k and while they were in good shape, the new iridiums have it running smoother and stronger. It's a very easy job, took less than an hour taking my time. Great trucks that are easy to maintain.

Spark plugs and wires (if equipped) should be changed at that mileage if they have not already. Is there a Cabin air filter? Coolant flush is probably due as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back