How do i fix this scuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
no idea how and when this happened. So what can i do to make it less noticeable? Sand it down ?

[Linked Image]

I don't know about the scuff but you can fix the dent by reaching under the car and pushing it out. It is not easy but it is doable. I had a similar situation this summer. After the dent was pushed out, it still didn't look right. However after sitting in 100 degree weather for a day or so, it went back to normal.

Someone I know had a similar scuff like that but on a white bumper. I cleaned the area with some waterless wash/detailer. Rubbed it with some automotive clay which didn't do much at all. Then hit it with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound(Walmart) which took care of it. You could also try Turtle Wax Premium Rubbing Compound to remove the scuffs and save a few bucks.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Originally Posted by danez_yoda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iamZLthlfG0

its not painted. jusr black textured plastic

If it is black plastic, you should try the Magic Eraser product from the local grocery store. It'll be a package with 2 little sponges in it and a picture of Mr. Clean on it. I don't remember the cost, but it's relatively inexpensive given what is being done with it.

When I got my current car, I was able to use the Magic Erasure to remove some silver paint marker writing on various under-hood components.

I had tried several other products specifically for automotive plastics first, but none did the trick. It was something off the cleaning isle at the local Kroger that ended up saving the day, go figure.

Start with the least abrasive polish you have and work your way to the more course ones if needed...example, start with Meguiar's 205, then if that doesn't remove it, go to the 105, etc....

Originally Posted by grampi
Start with the least abrasive polish you have and work your way to the more course ones if needed...example, start with Meguiar's 205, then if that doesn't remove it, go to the 105, etc....

On black textured plastic?

I second the magic eraser. That will remove any paint transfer. Past that there's not a whole lot you can do except make it worse.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by grampi

On black textured plastic?

I second the magic eraser. That will remove any paint transfer. Past that there's not a whole lot you can do except make it worse.

Sorry, I thought we were dealing with paint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back