Jim Carrey, who is the real you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat down with my nearly 16 year old daughter this morning...she's at that turning point where she's been trying to be everything for everyone else, and is coming back around to who she is...

Thought I'd share, particularly as I've never been a Carrey fan (would like to see his latest movie if it ever makes it to Oz).

Been a big Allan Watts fan for a long long time, so here's one with Watts in it as well.

Last edited:
I get the same feeling about him. I saw him on an infotainment show and was surprised by his demeanor. He was very serious and and seemed like a good guy. Not one joke. I think this is the real Jim but who knows?

If he is a real deal person... How about he give away 85% of his net worth to those less fortunate ( which by the way get would still be just fine for the rest of his life here) ... Since he now believes in that stuff... Let's see him live by being that example himself... I bet he won't do it.. he is a phony. Like Tammy Fae and Jim Baker were... Tell everyone else what they should do... And not do it themselves.

Depression, anxiety and other psychological issues seem to be more prevalent in society. Jim Carrey exhibits both traits and it appears he's in more of a low and controlled state in the second interview. He exhibits many of the same odd "acting" abilities as Robin Williams -and there's a story that did not end well. He's also had some troubling issues in his life regarding drug use and a girlfriend who committed suicide with reports that he was the gateway to drug use... My three sons are grown but, if I had to give a young person advice, I would hesitate to use most Hollywood figures as a role model. Useful to point-out how to spot depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder in people? -Yes. Role-model? -No.

Ray

I can see how an actor/actress, especially one that has to really "get" into character, can have an identity crysis, but I would not necessarily treat him/her as some some sort of role model. Basically anybody that's on TV/big screen are actors.

So the question is, how do you tell when an actor is not acting and is yourself? If they are in front of a camera, they are doing their job, 100% guaranteed they are getting paid. And if the actor himself/herself has trouble telling the difference, they are basically mentally sick.

The last thing you want a young adult is to look up to these fake people, no matter how convincing, heart warming message they might have. Focus on school, work and people from your community, real people, not fake actors.

Edit to the above:
How is your daughter's social media usage? I've read a study recently about depression in people that are heavy social media users. Adults are affected, but more importantly, teenagers were several times more likely to be negatively affected by using social media. Facebook and the likes is just another avenue for fake people.

Try googling "Cathriona White" his ex girlfriend for some insight. Holly Weird is a good description.

I've never had big enough dreams I want to manifest, but I live my life by serendipity...I need something, turn a corner and there it is. I order parking spaces or an empty pump when I want fuel...it all works if you try. I just don't use it for bigger stuff...because I guess I don't think I'm deserving enough. I often wonder why when I see people with depression, that I don't have it too when things aren't working for me, maybe not enough fertile soil in my brain for it to take hold.

He did that bit about the all mocking tongue and now all of a sudden he's an "unhinged, mental illness ranting kookamonga". That says it all.

He's one of the many entertainers I used to like before they showed their political side...

Originally Posted by bbhero
If he is a real deal person... How about he give away 85% of his net worth to those less fortunate ( which by the way get would still be just fine for the rest of his life here) ... Since he now believes in that stuff... Let's see him live by being that example himself... I bet he won't do it.. he is a phony. Like Tammy Fae and Jim Baker were... Tell everyone else what they should do... And not do it themselves.

Let me put it this way, I have seen way more fake guys that "gives away 85%" than a genuine honest guy that care about others. "giving away" can be easily manipulated into running a tax shelter "foundation".

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Originally Posted by bbhero

Let me put it this way, I have seen way more fake guys that "gives away 85%" than a genuine honest guy that care about others. "giving away" can be easily manipulated into running a tax shelter "foundation".
Excellent point! Take away the tax deduction and we'll see how much the "philanthropists" give. Carrey went on another rant last night at the Brittania awards in Los Angeles....whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back