Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
150 grams of pre made Irish steel cut oatmeal 2 fresh eggs over easy with 150 grams egg whites added this is breakfast and pre workout.

Oatmeal recipe
In small crockpot
270 grams steel cut oatmeal
2 cups hot water
2 cups whole milk I use whole raw goat milk 5%
Pinch salt

Put above in crock pot set to low stir occasionally cook till thick about 5hr

I use 100 grams of above Never any type of sugar added and 150 to 200 grams on lifting or road bike mornings

Kind of a great place to follow up, not that anyone really cares. I just saw the Keto thread, and wondered where I was.

Today I weighed 223 which isn't bad, but the loss has been slow for the past few months. Vacation and a few weekend trips can't help.
Not to mention weight loss is not linear.

Well, I also road the "Tour de Donut" in Saunton, IL last month. I did eat 6 donuts. My time was 3MPH faster and about 30 minutes shorter than it was two years ago. So dropping ~40 pounds really helps pick up the pace on the bike. I seem to be averaging 17-18 MPH when I ride on my own and push the pace of our group rides. I'll probably do from 39-63 miles tomorrow depending how I feel.

In anticipation of that effort, I'm taking today off with respect to exercise. Maybe some stretching, etc.

On the blood sugar front, I'm been consistently in the 80s this week. The numbers went high during the vacation days in Maine and NH, but, save for one day that was 139 (bad test strip???) I was in the 110-120 range. However, they came right back down after the trip, so I have that going for me.

I have dropped my daily calorie/carb targets to 2025/203 and other than the Tour de Donut day, I seldom blow that out. On that day, I certainly blew past my Diabetes Coach/Dietitian's advice. (2250/225g)

My Dr visit in May was good. My Dr was pleased with my results. Hoping to be in the 2-teens by the next visit in four weeks...

Stay tuned.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Protein really isn't a problem.

Looking at my last 30 days data, I only busted over my 214g carbs 2 days out of 30. Most days I'm well under.
Protein, my goal is 160g/day. I'm probably running a bit low on that as I'm only over 150g/day 10 out of 30 days.

Might be getting too much fat. But, I'm still running a calorie deficit, as I've only busted over the 2135 calorie limit (and it hasn't been 2135 for the last month, only the last couple of weeks) 3 out of 30 days, and have more area "under the curve" as far as being below 2135 than being above it. I haven't figured out how to get MyFitnessPal to give me an average on the graph. It just shows me bars for the past month.

As far as targets, I got up to 265 pounds, and was 231 this AM, so probably down to 229-230 by the end of week 14 if I stay on target with my spreadsheet predicting 1% weight loss each week. The Dr visit on 14 Feb was a wake up. But not the heaviest I've been. I'm sure I've been over 275# before. Back in 2011, I got tired of being out of breath and started watching what I'd eat back then. Got down to about 225# and was doing boot camp and picked up road cycling as well. Stopped paying attention to what I ate. So even though I was active four to six days each week, you cannot outrun your fork.

I'd like to get back down to around 200# for my 5'11" frame. I weighed that when I left the Army in 1992. While they were on my case about making weight, I'd max the PT test, doing 70 pushups, 80 situps and then run 2 miles in ~13 flat, give or take, for a 100% score. With an 18" neck and 33" waist, I'd pass the tape test as well.

I have short arms and legs relative to my height. I wear a 30" inseam pant and tall cut shirts as I have a long torso. When seated, I look eye to eye with a co-worker who is 6'3" But my short legs keep me just below 6'
smile.gif

(The run time may have been changed by then, to make it harder to max the test, but not 100% sure.)

Either way, too much arthritis to see those figures these days. But if I could average 20MPH on a 36 mile bike ride, I'd be happy.

A stretch goal would be to get down to 175, but I really don't see that happening. I was in high school, with a 42" chest the last time I was that light. I now have a 50" chest, so 200# is probably a realistic goal. But we'll see.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: javacontour
If I'm working from home, lunch is usually a spinach salad with 6oz of chicken, tossed in 28g of wing sauce to mimic buffalo wings. I'll add 28g of cheddar, some tomatoes and red onion as well.

Work outs, which I was already doing was 3days/week of resistance training and 3days/week of some sort of cardio, either indoor cycling or riding my bike.

My numbers largely match. My food last week logged in at ~13600 calories and my total burn was right around 23,000 calories. I should have lost 2.7 pounds. Actual loss was 3.5, which seems in line with how I round up my food, and my FitBit doesn't capture all my activity.

I'm down 33 pounds after 13 weeks of work.

Excellent work don’t know your target weight just make sure eating enough protein for that number keep up the good work and don’t look back for many it’s easy to do after 6 months to a year they fall back to their old ways.

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by Shannow
[Linked Image]

Red beets mate?

I hear they are delicious on top of farmer's cheese....

fried devon (bologna) with dead horse (tomato sauce/ketchup).

I recognize the plates. I made something similar recently with potatoes, asparagus and zucchini + about 10 eggs and a tsp of salt and oil. You slice the potatoes thick and boil until they're just firm enough to eat. Then you layer everything in a greased baking dish and pour the eggs, salt and oil over the top. It's 45 minutes at 350°F for the covered, circular glass dish I have. I leave the lid off for the last few minutes if the vegetables have a lot of water in them. I also make it with peas and potatoes (both gold, red and sweet). It keeps for a few days.

Originally Posted by dave123
150 grams of pre made Irish steel cut oatmeal 2 fresh eggs over easy with 150 grams egg whites added this is breakfast and pre workout.

Oatmeal recipe
In small crockpot
270 grams steel cut oatmeal
2 cups hot water
2 cups whole milk I use whole raw goat milk 5%
Pinch salt

Put above in crock pot set to low stir occasionally cook till thick about 5hr

I use 100 grams of above Never any type of sugar added and 150 to 200 grams on lifting or road bike mornings

I wish everyone, especially those trying to be healthy, could discover home cooked from scratch steel cut oatmeal.

The effect really cannot be described, but I will try.

It is time released energy, until well past lunch time.

What happens in your brain and blood stream is life changing.

You are satiated, mentally clear, and ready for action.

Just get a little protein, too, maybe powder or an egg.

Yeah mate,
sautéed in olive oil, salt and pepper, then put the lid on the pot to make sure that there's softening of the greens.

Yum is the word.

Mountain brand unleavened rye wrap (71 cal per slice)
No salt tomato paste (lots of potassium)
Sprinkling of cheddar and red leister cheese

20190101_110022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back