MB GLE 350 engine oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks:

At the dealership bought OEM filter ($22+tax) for the MB in the signature and it was a plain paper filter.
I was told MB use fleece media and wonder if my references were wrong about the media.

Your thoughts

Well you have no MB listed in the signature which is my first thought. Still the GLE came out in 2016 and they should all be the same. The Mann or Wix filter on rockauto is much cheaper. If you got that from the dealer, then it's a real filter. The term fleece just means it's made out of synthetic materials, it still looks like a paper filter. It's usually white, the paper ones are yellow.

Originally Posted by MaximaGuy
Folks:

At the dealership bought OEM filter ($22+tax) for the MB in the signature and it was a plain paper filter.
I was told MB use fleece media and wonder if my references were wrong about the media.
Your thoughts

Are you sure? All the OE filters I bought at the MB dealer were synthetic medium.

It seems that two different types of filters are available for your GLE350.

Purflux makes a regular paper filter with the wavy pleats. Part number L394. The Mahle OX814D seems to be a reboxed Purflux

Mann and Hengst make plastic mesh-backed fleece filters with straight pleats.
Mann HU7025z (no end caps, just glue)
Hengst E129H (has black plastic end caps)

Mercedes may use two different OE suppliers at the same time. The supplier's name will usually be written on the filter along with the MB peace sign logo
smile.gif

Take some pictures of it for us
banana2.gif

Also worth noting: Ecogard makes a knockoff with the wavy pleats like Purflux uses, but it is cheap paper media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back