Dexron 6 pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a pan drop and filter change on my Buick. I had purchased the fluid about a week ago. I found that I was about a quart short, so I looked for the best price on a quart of Dexron 6. All the Walmarts by me were out of Dexron 6, and the price had increased about 75 cents / qt. I checked the local auto parts stores, and their prices had gone up by $1.00 to $2.00 / qt.

What happened?

Last edited:
Since ATF change is a scheduled maintenance item, you can plan in advance and buy the fluid when it is on sale. Autozone and AAP have sales on Castrol ATF for $5/qt a few times a year. So, when you know that service is coming up, then buy it when it is on sale
smile.gif

It going to go up more as well....

Think we have seen the cheapest prices that we will have for a long time.....

Once my Cruze and Fusion were out of warranty … switched to Maxlife at $20/gallon …like the jug since that's all that drains on the ramps …

Yes it seems all type of oil goes up with an increase in crude price.
It doesn't seem to ever drop when the crude price goes down like gasoline does.

Everyone complains about gasoline at $4.00 a gallon but they pay $20 a gallon ($5 a quart) for regular motor oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shanneba

Everyone complains about gasoline at $4.00 a gallon but they pay $20 a gallon ($5 a quart) for regular motor oil
smile.gif

Cost for a $20 gallon of oil spread out over a OCI is in the thousandth of a cent per mile and way less noticeable. Tankful of gas cost is a much more per mile and readily noticeable on a weekly fill up basis.

I would love a fuel up to cost me $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back