All Hail Coffee, Savior of the Morning !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Anyone here drink"chickory"?

Used to drink Luzianne almost exclusively when I lived in Mississippi. I think it was a 50/50 mix, it was stout, but that's the way I liked it. It's almost impossible to find around here locally.

Mmm, coffee! About to go make some right now
smile.gif

It's not very BITOGer because the price per cup isn't cheap but I use a Keurig. I buy my K-cups from Costco usually. I don't really pay attention to the brand just the price. A dash of milk or creamer or coffee mate and it's perfect! No sugar though, I can't stand sugar in coffee or tea.

Still have big red can of coffee and chicory .. name is "French Market" its ok but for me not quite strong enough. Still around in most stores around here so enough people must buy it to justify the stores keeping it in stock.

Death Wish Odinforce blend in a French press. Expensive yes, but flavor and caffeine content is awesome. Don't drink this coffee if you are caffeine sensitive or drink any "energy drinks". 1 20oz mug all day does it for me.

I'll have to add this to the list to try if I can get it here. I've recently started taking my coffee black being on Keto with an intermittent fast and can only have black coffee or water during the fasting period. I enjoy the dark roast much better when black than typical roasts.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
I'll have to add this to the list to try if I can get it here. I've recently started taking my coffee black being on Keto with an intermittent fast and can only have black coffee or water during the fasting period. I enjoy the dark roast much better when black than typical roasts.

How many lbs. are you down to Stevie? I remember for a while there the pounds were melting off like the cheese on a pizza.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Never had a cup of coffee in my life.

Me neither...I have never had any issues with getting up or being alert in the morning. I don't get the appeal, but then I don't have a dependence on any chemicals so it's probably just me.

Last edited:
I'm at 117lbs. I took a break for Canadian Thanksgiving because mash potatoes are not Keto friendly nor is most gravy and well that wasn't gonna happen.
grin2.gif
I'm on vacation next week visiting friends in Ohio so while I will try to stick to the diet as much as possible I will most likely cheat a bit. My point is that I would probably be down much more.

Aside from the weight loss I have lost 5 belt buckle holes and went down 8 or so inches on the waste. I have about 85lbs more to go to be at ideal weight.

What's neat is that I have been on Keto so long that I can usually get back into Ketosis within 24 hours with a 1 day fast whereas it used to take 3-4 days before. So going off here/there isn't a big deal. (Fat adapted they call it)
I feel so much better fasting and eating Keto. When I eat carbs I have weird dreams and I'm hot all the time.

Last edited:
I'm at 117lbs. I took a break for Canadian Thanksgiving because mash potatoes are not Keto friendly nor is most gravy and well that wasn't gonna happen.
grin2.gif
I'm on vacation next week visiting friends in Ohio so while I will try to stick to the diet as much as possible I will most likely cheat a bit. My point is that I would probably be down much more.

Aside from the weight loss I have lost 5 belt buckle holes and went down 8 or so inches on the waste. I have about 85lbs more to go to be at ideal weight.

What's neat is that I have been on Keto so long that I can usually get back into Ketosis within 24 hours with a 1 day fast whereas it used to take 3-4 days before. So going off here/there isn't a big deal. (Fat adapted they call it)
I feel so much better fasting and eating Keto. When I eat carbs I have weird dreams and I'm hot all the time.

I hope there is a typo there somewhere. Any adult wishing for a ideal weight of 37 pounds is in serious trouble.

I'm at 117 pounds lost. I have 85lbs more to go to be at my ideal weight. I was 202lbs overweight when I started. Sorry I can see how that is confusing.

Last edited:
I'm at 117 pounds lost. I have 85lbs more to go to be at my ideal weight. I was 202lbs overweight when I started. Sorry I can see how that is confusing.

At first I also read that to say you were shooting for an ideal weight of 32 lbs
lol.gif

Excellent results, good job. I think the last time you mentioned your weight it was around 300 lbs. if I recall correctly. I'm at 200 lbs on the nose as of yesterday but would like to lose 25 more. I was up to 260 at the highest a few years ago. Bottomed out at 169, my target weight but put some of it back on again.

When I hurt my back I put on a lot of weight not moving much for the year I had to recover and I tipped the scale then at 475 although to look at me you would guess I was only 300lbs because I'm quite tall and don't show my true weight at all. The way I look now I look like I'm ideal body weight with hardly a stomach at all but I'm still 80lbs heavier than ideal.

My sister on the other hand who is the same height is 60lbs over weight and she looks about 100+ over because she carries it differently.

I'll post pictures of before/after when I'm done the "loss" part of the journey.

Last edited:
Coffee is the second love of my life. My dog is first. 3rd is my car. I really like Lavazza expresso café. Cheap coffee is just meh, but will be consumed if needed!

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Preventer of Headaches!

Interesting you mentioned that. When I was a patient in physical rehab for 8 days after my bike wreck learning to walk and navigate with the shattered ankle, broken arm, and broken neck I got tremendous headaches at night when trying sleep. MD's said I had the double whammy for headaches-- two broken neck vertebrae and a sub arachnoid brain hemorrage, both of which work synergistically to create one whopper of a headache at night. Can honestly say they were the worst of my life. I was not allowed narcotic pain killers and only took extra strength Tylenol which didn't help a whole lot. What made it go away upon morning wake up time was the physical therapy techs would bring me a massive cup of coffee, had to be 20 oz+. Some mornings I drank two. Don't know what brew it was other than "what we drink in the break room..." from the techs. Within 15 min of guzzling that stuff the headache would wane and eventually I was good to go for the PT work rest of the day. P.S. the reason for no opiod pain killers was the brain bleed. They didn't want me straining to go #2, which told me the opiod pain pills block up your lower tract something fierce and so they didn;t want to risk me creating intracranial pressure by trying to blast out a stubborn #2. So, Tylenol and coffee were my only weapons against the headaches !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back