Old EZGO Golf Cart

I have an old 1983 2 stroke EZGO Golf Cart. It is oil injected and still runs very well. We use it to run around at a campground. I have no documentation on it, but I read somewhere on the web that the oil injection systems are setup to run at 128:1. Do I need an oil that is designed to run at that low ratio, or will anything work.

Anyone have any experience with these? I should probably stop at a dealer and talk to them. The oil tank was full when I got it, so I don't know what is in there, but it has lasted for 2 year without having to fill it. I guess that would be about right for 128:1. Any advice is welcome.

I have a Yamaha G-1 two stroke and love it. One thing to keep an eye on it the air filter. I use mine all the time and you would be surprised at how dirty that thing will get in a short amount of time. Mine is injected to and am not to sure what my ratio is. Mine says on the hood to use yamaha golf cart oil or a TWC rated oil. That tank will last for what seems to be forever. But it does get used. Like I said I use mine all the time and if my menory surves me correct I will top mine off about twice a year. I never let my oil tank get less then half-full. Also check to see if your cart has a oil filter to. Mine does and I never know it. Well until last year when it finally got clogged enough to starve my engine of oil and had to rebuild it. I felt so ignorant. I always took great care of the cart. Fresh gas and air filter at the beginning of the year along with a fresh sparkplug, then I would repack the wheel bearings and put fresh gear oil in the transaxle. And not only at the beginning of the season but halfway through the season to. And never once did I know it had an oil filter. Now a year later it get changed twice a year to. So check it because it is a must change.

Thanks for the reply. My next project is to change out all the filters and the spark plug. Some of the lines are getting hard and cracked to I will change them out as well. I have some Amsoil Interceptor oil to use up, so I may try that. I have also thought about blocking the oil injection system and premixing since it is getting old. I would hate to seize it up because the injection system failed.

Reviving this old thread... so, what is the modern replacement for Yamalube golf cart oil - TWC rated?. Oil injection is still working in out Yamaha G1. Thinking about the Yamalube 2S 2-Stroke Oil. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but the G1 doesn't have an oil filter. It's a 2 stroke. There is no oil. It's oil/gas mixture.

Back