Crunching/knock Noise fro t end Nissan Rogue 2015 s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently drove in some pretty bad road areas for work (unpaved, pothole ridden) and heard a snapping sound from the suspension of my vehicle. I have also been hearing a bit of whirring from the driver side front wheel since then around 50-60 mph, sounds like a knocking or a grinding, but the car doesn't vibrate or operate any differently, just noise. What is it and would I be able to repair it (if this is enough to diagnose)?

Time to jack up the offending wheel and do some very thorough visual inspection . Also shake / move all the " joints " . May need to use a pry bar , also . I would do this sooner than latter .

Do not forget to inspect both top and bottom of the shock / strut and if it is front drive , the CV joints . And motor / transmission mounts .

Report back what you discover . Hard to say much more . Photos can be helpful .

Can you repair it yourself ? How mechanically inclined are you ? Do you have the space and time to work on it ? Do you have the tooling ? ( Rember , tools are not a dead expense , they can be used for the rest of your life . )

Could be some of the plastic shields under the vehicle, or maybe even the stabilizer bar links. As others have said, you gotta look under the vehicle and do tug & pull on everything.

I would say that I'm not inept mechanically, I've worked on vehicles before but not too extreme. I'll be jacking the car up and taking pictures as well as looking around and tugging and pulling on all of the locations. As stated before, it's not affected the driving experience, I haven't seen or noticed any excessive vibration, just a bit more noise - a bit of a knocking sound not in line with tire rotation. I'm thinking maybe sway bar end links but not hundred percent sure. Will post when I have more details.

If you can't find anything visually wrong, take it in to be looked at. It could be all sorts of things and some are dangerous if not looked after, your life is worth a lot more.

Last edited:
I worked at Enterprise for a while, and we took all of our 2015-16 Rogues to have the front strut mounts changed (recall) whether the noise was present or not. I think the bearings in there werent the best quality. Worth looking into I think, the one that I experienced was a noise like you described kinda.

Lee

The noise stopped randomly and I'm not sure if I need to be concerned or not anymore. Odd situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back