Rite-Aid Peak Motor Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into Rite Aid to get RX filled. I walked the store while waiting, and came across Peak Full Synthetic Oil. It was the only synthetic oil they carried and runs $8.99 a quart. They only carry 5w30. The shelf space for it was packed full, probably rarely sell any.

Bit pricey, Is it good oil?

Sorry my pics keep downloading sideways, and I can't figure out how to correct it.

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Yes its good oil but why would you buy this when NAPA has just as good or better full synthetic on sale? $18.95 for a 5 quart Jug.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Yes its good oil but why would you buy this when NAPA has just as good or better full synthetic on sale? $18.95 for a 5 quart Jug.

Rite Aid isn't selling oil to folks who would buy stuff at NAPA. They sell oil to people who have cars that leak or burn oil and buy a quart every week, every two weeks, etc.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Rite Aid isn't selling oil to folks who would buy stuff at NAPA. They sell oil to people who have cars that leak or burn oil and buy a quart every week, every two weeks, etc.

LOL who's going to buy full synthetic oil and put it in an oil burner?

I work at Rite Aid and would never buy it from there. The oil never moves. It has never been on clearance either.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Those who dont' know/care the difference.
Only that they need oil.

It's "oil" for cars or trucks. That's ALL that matters.

It's certainly a good oil... Dexos rated and all... I actually bought 2 OCI's worth ( the same 5W30 Full Synthetic pictured above ) for my wife's 2018 CHEVY Trax a few months back. It was on Clearance at Dollar General for $5 per quart... Not the greatest deal but a good enough deal for a quality Synthetic oil.

Last edited:
Nice to know that it's good oil.

I know it was said that it never goes on clearance, but that might vary from store-to-store, or by store regions. If it's ever $2.99 or less I will jump on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back