Uncle Roys hot sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some hot stuff. 4 varietys or flavors. I use a small teaspoon in my chili which I'm making now. I know the man that makes this in his house. His son works with me.

Hookstown is near the Shell cracker plant they are building near the Shippingsport bridge also

20181008_152337.jpg

20181008_152325.jpg

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My favorite hot sauce is Tapatio. It's not too hot and adds a very good flavor.

I like this on some stuff as well

This Uncle Roy's i have; a dab will more than do you in

I generally keep it cheap and simple with hot sauce, either Frank's Red Hot or Cholula...finishing up one of the latter now.
Neither one is blazing, just enough heat to make it interesting and I like their flavors.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I generally keep it cheap and simple with hot sauce, either Frank's Red Hot or Cholula...finishing up one of the latter now.
Neither one is blazing, just enough heat to make it interesting and I like their flavors.

Frank's Red Hot is the go-to in my house. Especially with wings. Put a couple pounds of chicken wings in gallon bags and let them marinate in Franks Red Hot overnight in the fridge. Take it out and throw them on the grill with cayenne pepper sprinkled on top... so tasty.

Grow your own peppers, to make your own sauce. There is no greater control over heat level and the spices than doing that.

Say you have a sauce and think to yourself "this is great but a little too salty", or "could use more garlic", or needs some lemon juice (or ascorbic acid) instead of as much vinegar.

You can COOK, right? Making a hot sauce that's perfect for you, is no different.

Last edited:
Trader Joe's Green Dragon has been my favorite hot sauce as of late... it's not super hot, so that you can apply a decent amount to actually taste the flavors which are awesome: Jalapeno, Tomatillo, Cilantro, Garlic, Spinach, Lime, Habanero. It goes great with Mexican food (tacos, burritos, tamales), but I spread it on sandwiches, too.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back