New coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
I have been a coffee snob of sorts for many years now and I am always looking for a good cuppa.

I heard about Black Rifle coffee on the radio. Owned and operated by veterans. Lots of good reviews. So, I decided to give them a try. I ordered three different dark roasts as that is my preference. Apparently they roast the beans just prior to shipping so it's very fresh.

I got the package last Friday and first up was their Beyond Black blend. The hype is real. This is excellent coffee. Nice dark oily beans. Very smooth and aromatic. Acidity is low.

I also got their Blackbeard's Delight and Black Buffalo blends.

If anyone is looking for a good cuppa, I highly recommend these guys.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

I always knew i liked you sir
smile.gif

This re affirms that. I ordered some of their coffees. Thank You PimTac

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I have been a coffee snob of sorts for many years now and I am always looking for a good cuppa.

I heard about Black Rifle coffee on the radio. Owned and operated by veterans. Lots of good reviews. So, I decided to give them a try. I ordered three different dark roasts as that is my preference. Apparently they roast the beans just prior to shipping so it's very fresh.

I got the package last Friday and first up was their Beyond Black blend. The hype is real. This is excellent coffee. Nice dark oily beans. Very smooth and aromatic. Acidity is low.

I also got their Blackbeard's Delight and Black Buffalo blends.

If anyone is looking for a good cuppa, I highly recommend these guys.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

I always knew i liked you sir
smile.gif

This re affirms that. I ordered some of their coffees. Thank You PimTac

Let me know what you think.

My favorite was Starbucks Kenyan beans, ground as needed, but they recently discontinued it. Ordered a bag of Kenyan and Ethiopian from an online company, but neither suits me as well. Drinkable, but just not the same.

Thanks guys. I learned something. Robusto is more caffeine but less taste. Current fave is store brand french roast blended 1:1 with New England French Vanilla. Cold garnished with Autocrat coffee syrup and 1/2&1/2. Reminds me of the coffee frappes I used to buy at the genrl store.
grin2.gif

I just got in a new #66 bag from invalsacoffee.com
"Bolivia Microlot: Jacinto Titirico (Siete Estrellas)"

New one is pretty good.. flavors are more more mellow and creamier.

I make mine quite strong and give it a couple dashes of sweet cream.
or weaker and black.

My previous bag was
Bolivia Micro-lot: Agustin Cruz (Siete Estrellas) previous crop (huge price discount)

I liked it very much. I have purchased over 500# total from them now since aprox 2011.

Havent started the new coffee yet.. just 1 12oz batch for sampling.
Still have 2# of the old stuff to drink as well.

unroasted green coffee beans vacuum sealed into 10kilo bags at origin keep for years.
smile.gif

Their regular "Bolivia Organic AAA San Ignacio" is great too.

QP sent me some of the Redbird roasters and it was the best medium roast I have ever had.
I tend to roast my beans medium-dark or slightly darker as they taste better that way.

If you want to be a coffee snob.. you can always take it to the next level and roast your own.

Its not too hard with some of the more automated roasters such as the behmor.

I am a simple man , I like my coffee to be Hot, black, and have caffeine. My standard fare is Folgers Black Silk or whatever grocery store coffee is on sale. I have used Hy Vee, Dollor General, Maxwell House and Butternut. They are all very good coffees. IMO. I was stationed in Hawaii for nearly 2 years and tried the famous Kona coffee on several occasions, but frankly I just prefer regular supermarket coffee and I prefer to brew coffee in my 1960's Gen Electric stainless steel perculator. Takes about 7 to 10 minutes but worth the wait. My wife has one of those Kerug things, but I never use it as I prefer coffee perculated.

I have used Hy Vee canned coffees many times and IMO it is just as good as the much higher priced bean coffees like Satrbuck and caribou.

Originally Posted by BJD78
I have used Hy Vee canned coffees many times and IMO it is just as good as the much higher priced bean coffees like Satrbuck and caribou.

I've never heard of or seen Hy Vee coffee but your story reminds me of growing up. The folks drank Hills Brothers from the vacuum can with a key. They had a 12 cup Reverware stovetop percolator that sat on the stove all day. You never knew when company would stop by.

The smell of a brand new can opened up us a great memory and that first coffee was always the best.

I started drinking coffee around the sixth grade. I can't go without 2-3 cups in the morning. In the service I drank gallons, especially on duty weekends in the summer being up for 72 hours.

For the Beyond Black the beans are from Columbia.

It's spelled Colombia, my girlfriend is from Bogota and I've been reminded more than once that I spelled it wrong. Speaking of Colombia my favorite coffee is OMA which is from there. Slightly acidic, not bitter, best when made when a French press.

Originally Posted by SVTCobra

For the Beyond Black the beans are from Columbia.

It's spelled Colombia, my girlfriend is from Bogota and I've been reminded more than once that I spelled it wrong. Speaking of Colombia my favorite coffee is OMA which is from there. Slightly acidic, not bitter, best when made when a French press.

You're right. My goof.

HyVee is the house brand of HyVEE grocery stores, mostly located in Nebraska, Iowa, the Dakotas, Missouri, Minnesota and maybe a few other Midwest states.We also have stores that carry a house brand called Shurfine and Our Family and their house brand taste kind of like HyVEE… probably just relabled at the factory.

Originally Posted by BJD78
I am a simple man , I like my coffee to be Hot, black, and have caffeine. My standard fare is Folgers Black Silk or whatever grocery store coffee is on sale. I have used Hy Vee, Dollor General, Maxwell House and Butternut. They are all very good coffees. IMO. I was stationed in Hawaii for nearly 2 years and tried the famous Kona coffee on several occasions, but frankly I just prefer regular supermarket coffee and I prefer to brew coffee in my 1960's Gen Electric stainless steel perculator. Takes about 7 to 10 minutes but worth the wait. My wife has one of those Kerug things, but I never use it as I prefer coffee perculated.

I love my percolator.

I followed 53 Stude's recommendation and bought two boxes of Black Rifle's K cups. I got the Freedom blend and the Just Black Coffee.
It was here when I got home from work today so I made a cup of the Freedom. DANM Tasty coffee.

Good to hear. I've been enjoying the Beyond Black but I did try the Blackbeard's Delight.

It's a medium roast with a bright taste. Obviously less body than BB but a very drinkable cup.

Next up is the Black Buffalo blend but I am really enamored with the BB

I'll keep that Freedom Blend on my list.

Blue Bottle Coffee "Three Africas"...Yirgacheffe/Sidamo (Ethiopia) + Ugandan.

My brewing method is whole beans, fresh ground in my Krupps grinder, brewed in my stainless steel, single serving, French Press. This coffee has such complexity of flavor, that is still easy to get into.

Coffee originates from Ethiopia, where an ancient 9th Century goat herder noticed that his goats got real excited after consuming certain beans from a certain tree.

Another BB favorite is "Giant Steps" named after a John Coltrane song. Literally high-viscosity chocolate-note coffee in your cup.

Generally speaking, Blue Bottle goes far beyond other coffees in flavor. They use antique 200 year old German coffee roasters, brew in small batches, and brew mere days before purchase. You can taste the difference.

I have always wanted to try Black Rifle. Support Our Troops by drinking what sounds like delicious coffee.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
My brewing method is whole beans, fresh ground in my Krupps grinder, brewed in my stainless steel, single serving, French Press. This coffee has such complexity of flavor, that is still easy to get into.

What brand French press is it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back