Kawasaki H2 SX supercharged sport tourer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's faster, the H2, or the newest ZX-14? I've seen you tube videos of guys running low 9s on stock ZX-14s...that's pretty dang quick!

Originally Posted By: grampi
So what's faster, the H2, or the newest ZX-14? I've seen you tube videos of guys running low 9s on stock ZX-14s...that's pretty dang quick!

It depends.

The ZX-14 was made from 2006-2011

The ZX-14R has been made from 2012 to today.

Then you have the H2, H2R, and the new sport-touring H2SX and H2SX SE.

All of them, with the exception of the non street legal H2R, are restricted in stock form. So in bone stock form the street legal bikes would have the same restricted top speed of 186 mph.

Between the H2 and the sport-touring H2SX ad H2SX SE, the H2 has more power in stock form. But both the H2 and the sport-touring models can be modified for more power easily.

As for the ZX-14R, they are longer, lower, and heavier than the H2, H2R, and the H2SX sport-touring variants. So they are easier to launch down a drgastrip in a controlled manner. Professional racers are able to get stock motored ZX-14R's into the low nines. But pretty much all of those professional riders start modifying the chassis from stock configuration (lowering, strapping, often a gearing change) before they get to that level.

Of course most people that own these bikes don't leave them stock, so once the mods start, it's anyone's guess as to what is quicker and/or faster.

me like it, a lot
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Autobahn top speed runs.

Man there is some sloppy shifting in that video.

Ughhh $22k "premium" bike with no brembo brakes.

I just don't like this "do it all" type of bikes. It's trying to do everything, but not the best. It also looks ugly with the side bags.

If you need a premium sports bike, get the H2

If you need a sports tourer, I think Versys 1000 would be a better, more versatile, and more reliable option. Yes, it's slower, but do you really need all 200 hp and that much torque on the road? I think anything over 80 hp is more than enough, and can get you over the speed limit in less than 5 seconds.

I don't think H2 SX is suitable for long rides with passenger, that's why I'd get the Versys or V-Strom instead.

Originally Posted by dgunay
do you really need all 200 hp and that much torque on the road?

Obviously for some people, the answer is: Yes.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Then maybe you should get a real sports bike and go to the track, you'll get more out of it.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Then maybe you should get a real sports bike and go to the track, you'll get more out of it.

I've got three making over 200 hp, and have ridden them on the road and track. Is that Okay with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back