9005 bulb was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning i went to Wal Mart. The 9005 bulb i bought wasnt correct headlamp bulb. Luckily, beforehand i went to Advance and got the correct H11 bulb. Just a heads up for any older toyota owners. My owners manual said 9005 bulb
frown.gif

You have been warned folks

Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Is that for the low or high beam?

My owners manual said 9005 bulb for both. Walked 1.9 miles to AAP and guy said "i dont believe half of whats in owners manual" and handed me 2 H11 Sylvania bulbs.

Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Manual is right, but poorly documented ... see highlighted.

That is a poor info page.
Apparently a bulb number and bulb type are different?

The owner manual folks and THIS manual are wrong.

Never be screwed over again as this is not fun chasing down a bulb that owner manual should have listed CORRECTLY in first place

I just went through this.

My '99 and '02 Volvo V70 had H7 low beams. My '07 has H11 low beams. I went to the store and see 9006 and H11 printed on the package.

I wonder if the confusion is just a way to get you to go to a dealer for the lamp. They'll visually scan your car for info such as mileage, general condition, tire wear and craft a sales pitch.

There are eviler things in this world.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
The owner manual folks and THIS manual are wrong.

Never be screwed over again as this is not fun chasing down a bulb that owner manual should have listed CORRECTLY in first place

The photo you posted shows a bulb type but not a bulb number for the low beam. As noted above type A is an H11. It's a poorly done chart and easy to misunderstand but not wrong. Maybe your page doesn't list H11 below the chart?

Originally Posted by JMJNet
Check this application guide, instead:
https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

Hate to break it to you good sir but that guide is wrong or jacked up. I'll use Phillips bulbs from here on out as Phillips bulb was what was in there.

I am not promoting any brand.
I usually just used it for the type, H11, 9006, 9005, 3157, etc.
I believe for the 09 Camry, it points to the correct H11 bulb.
I don't care what brand people buy.
Then there are variants of the same fitting with different numbers because of different watt-age.

I am not sure why you said "jacked up", as far as I know, they did not charge anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, well it sure as heck doesnt say in manual to use a H11 bulb!!

In never,ever said they or it charged me for anything also. I said its jacked up as what the heck is a poor lady who has a bulb out and goes to wal mart and gets wrong bulb; what is she going to think after the fact?

Yeah, well it sure as heck doesnt say in manual to use a H11 bulb!!

Does your manual not have the 'A: H11 halogen bulb' designation in the footnote at the bottom of the table?

No, it sure as he*&^% does not

I am done posting as i dont need people second guessing me and posting garbage info here.

Have a nice life folks as SERIOUSLY, I AM GONE

Last edited:
No, it sure as he*&^% does not

I am done posting as i dont need people second guessing me and posting garbage info here.

Have a nice life folks as SERIOUSLY, I AM GONE

Have a good rest of your life. Internet arguing isnt worth getting angry over.

Not sure what garbage info was posted. They posted the online version of your manual which matches what is visible on your page and says use H11 bulb for type A.

Who cares really. If you look in a paper manual it should tell you the correct bulb. Should not have to look online.

Garbage info was posting a site that showed exactly what owners manual showed. SMH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back