M1 in a Kubota BX2350?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BX calls for 10W30 or 10W40. Kubota will not take a stance on whether synthetic is beneficial or detrimental to their engines. I contacted their service dept. at head office and they stated that "they have not done studies and therefore cannot recommend synthetic oil." They further noted that they will void the warranty if any problems arise that are deemed as the result of using synthetic oil.
I generally use M1 in everything from lawnmowers to my motorcycle.
Any thoughts or recommendations on the issue?
Thanks.

As long as you are not putting M1 in a diesel engine, you will be providing better engine protection by using M1. However, if corrosion protection is paramount, such as long periods of storage, some say dino is better. Certainly in the aviaition world, dino provides better corrosion protection.

I really have had superior results with M1.

Chris

Sounds like kubota just doesn't want to get involved with the extended oil change intervals associated with synthetic oils. M1 is not going to harm your kubota, nor is it going to do anything magical for your diesel. Unless you run the unit commercially, or need to start it @ -20degF, I'd just run a good conventional oil and change it per specs.

Joel

What would be considered a good conventional oil for such a diesel application? The tractor will be used in summer and winter.

The book says 10w-30 to 10w-40? Any brand would suit it fine then. If it were mine, I'd probably run Shell Rotella-T 5w-40 and change it once a year or every 100+hrs.

Joel

Magnatic I would have to say no. I have a Kubota RTV-900R with 760 hours on it. I bought it as a demo with 17.6 hours on it. The first day that I had it I changed the oil. With 18 hours on it I dumped in Mobil 1 0W-40, yes 0W-40. I was thinking if this oil what Jeep says to use in their CRD liberty for oci north of ten thousand miles it would be great in my RTV. I have used nothing but the 0W-40 since then with wix filters. I dumped my first fill at 50 then at 100 and every 150 since then. I doesn't use a drop of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back