Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted by Vikas
How in the God's world did you get those reflection streaks?
Good question. The aux LEDs have a pretty wide (and weird) dispersion pattern, and I'm guessing the light is just reflecting in this strange way from the curvature of my stainless steel trash can lid.
smile.gif

Here is the aux LED beam pattern:
[image removed]

And that teal color; where is that one coming from?
The light has 16 cyan-colored aux LEDs which were turned on in this photo. The 4 main XPL-HI LEDs were off. I tried to adjust colors in post processing to get them to look as close as I could to real life, but I probably wasn't all that successful.

Here is the LED setup:
[image removed]

Now the important question about light output:- About/less/more than one car headlight?
I need to take this light outside at night to get a better feel for its output. Last night it rained cats and dogs, so I couldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by kc8adu
anyone else getting a login prompt from toykeeper.net on this thread?
fishy to say the least!
I'm not.

Must be because I linked to her images in my last response. I asked the mods to remove them.

I had requested for ability to keep the images on the BITOG server in the past. If the images do make this forum better overall *and* images are insignificant portion of the total storage requirement for the forum, then the correct decision would be to allow that. One could even put some max limit per contributor or prevent very high resolution image uploads etc.

But hey, that is how I see it when I don't have to pay for the BITOG resources :)

I had requested for ability to keep the images on the BITOG server in the past.
The ability to upload images directly to BITOG has been available for quite some time.

My main problem with it is that once you upload it to BITOG, you lose control over it, which is why I personally don't use it. But that is a strength of it as well.

What do you mean by "control"? are you talking about being able to modify the picture after it has been posted? For example, you wanted to remove the EXIF information aka geo location tag from it etc?

Think of them as something that you "contributed" to the forum. You can't go back and revert your "contribution"!

If you wanted to soft-link to the image, then I would presume you want the link to land at a server that you control (and probably pay for it).
If you are linking to those "free" picture hosting sites, you have already ceded control of your picture to that site owner.

May be I am mistaken and do not quite understand your concern.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Forgot to mention, the 8x can get pretty toasty after running on max for some minutes.

Would a IMR 18650 battery solve the heat issues ?

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Forgot to mention, the 8x can get pretty toasty after running on max for some minutes.

Would a IMR 18650 battery solve the heat issues ?
No. It's not the battery that generates the heat. It's the LED. Because the S2+ is a pretty small light, it doesn't have much surface area to dissipate that heat effectively.

This Olight H04 is currently $9.95 on Amazon with free Prime shipping.

Pretty nice simple little headlamp to have around. Not a huge lumen output, but very useful when working on stuff. The diffused lens makes for a nice soft beam pattern.

[Linked Image]

I have original UltraFire UF-H3B and it is one of my favorite light. Just the right size and ample runtime with good 18650 cell.

[Linked Image]

I have original UltraFire UF-H3B and it is one of my favorite light.
Do you ever carry it on your head? How's the weight?

The H03 weighs 92 gram, including battery. I tried it on my head yesterday, and you can definitely feel it. OK for short term, but not long term. When I go walking at night, I much prefer something lighter like Nitecore Tip or even an AA light.

I needed some new LED searchlights for the bug out bag/car as mine were stolen in a recent break in.

First is the Thrunite TC20. Takes one 26650 rechargeable.And you can recharge the battery in the light.

For the size, this is a pocket rocket. Neutral white tint LED.

-Turbo (3800 lumen; 130 minutes)
-High (1800 lumen; 145 minutes)
-Medium (320 lumen; 10.2 hrs)
-Low (38 lumen; 46 hrs)
-Firefly (0.5 lumen; 37 days)
-Strobe (2280 lumen; 180 minutes)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078JYVJCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for kicks, a Maratac TLL V3. TLL stands for Temporary Landing Light. It was design as a safe landing zone beacon for the military. Doesn't start fires like a flare will.

D battery. High, low, and beacon. Has a std camera tripod mount in the bottom and a glow o-ring around the dome.

Constant On, Low mode, 40 lumens output for up to 375 hours
Constant On, High mode, 350 lumens output for up to 20 Hours
Stobe Burst Mode mode, 500 Lumens output for up to 250 Hours ( 70 Beats Per Minute )

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://countycomm.com/collections/...oducts/tll-strobe-light-by-maratac-rev-2

Back