post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Originally Posted by ledslinger
2OO1 Accord 2 quarts Honda MTF. Last month 12 quarts of TES 295 Delvac flushed in 2OO3 Silverado with 25K miles on the odometer.

Same truck as in the first post in this thread, 2003 Silverado, 14 quarts of TES 295 Delvac 1flushed through the cooler line. Two quarts of same in manual transfer case. 45K miles on the odometer.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by dave1251
Did another 3 quarts of vacuum and fill on the Focus. This should get near 100% new fluid. Now I have a unopened gallon of Maxlife. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it.

What did you use for the vacuum?

I used a hand pump through the fill tube. The Mercon LV was brown but not burned. My wife hasn't said anything about her car. To me the shifts are smoother and no more slamming into gear. She is happy it lays down rubber.

2004 Honda Odyssey

Mileage on transmission: 173,000 KM
Mileage on fluid: 35,000 KM

Out: 3.4 L of unknown transmission fluid
In: 3.3 L of Honda DW-1

2013 Toyota Highlander

Mileage on transmission: 73000
Mileage on fluid: 10,000

Out: 12qts WS transmission fluid
In: 12qts amsoil OE ATF low viscosty

2002 Ford F250 speed manual Delvac 1
2010 Ford Focus Auto trans Motorcraft LV
2015 ford F150 Motorcraft LV

2006 Acura TSX, 180K miles, 26K trans service OCI
Out: 3 qts Honda DW-1
In: 3 qts Idmitsu Type H

This is good stuff. Car has steady diet of Honda AT fluids.
This Idemitsu fluid pulls better.

Replaced the rear differential fluid on my '08 G35X with 115k miles. My sister owned this car before me and I have all of the service records up to ~65k miles as they took it to the Infiniti dealer for all work up until then. After that, they took it to an independent shop for most work (some still done at Infiniti) but didn't keep all of the records. My BIL doesn't recall them having the differential fluid changed....

Anyway, when it came out, it looked dark but I later poured a couple hundred mL into a jar and it actually looks like ATF since it's read in color. It's thicker though, for sure, and smells more like heavy oil or grease. I put in Lucas Heavy Duty 80W-90 (GL5) which was amber color (much like motor oil).

Anyway, is that typical for gear oil to look red like ATF ?

2010 Honda Odyssey in signature
108,436 miles on vehicle
8,893 miles on fluid, in service since 10/06/2017.

Out: Approximately 3.3 qts Valvoline MaxLife ATF
In: Same

I like to do a simple drain and fill annually. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy and it's cheap ($18.00) and easy (same amount of work as an oil change).

Just changed the trans fluid and filter in my 2013 silverado. Just did a dump and fill. Used acdelco dexron 6. Had 104000miles. I bought it with 96000.

Changed out the Spider tranny & diff fluid with Motorcraft XT-M5-QS (the Miata guys rave about this) and M1 in the diff. Noticeable improvement!

2005 Honda Civic LX 55K miles
Out: less than 3 quarts factory fill.
In: 1 quart DW-1 plus almost 2 quarts MaxLife

Original fluid was a little low and brown; not too bad.
She shifts better; no clunk.

Will do it again soon with Idemitsu Type H Plus.

Since M1 does not have an ATF with the Mercon LV rating I decided to do the next best thing and used Valvoline Max Life LV for my usual 30K ATF change.

Out: MC Mercon LV

In: 3.5 QTS. of Valvo Max Life LV.

1999 Honda Accord, 2.3 4 cyl, 5 speed manual transimission. Out-Honda MTF, in Elf/Total Racing HTX 735 75w-90. 2 quarts. 220K miles on unit.

2012 Toyota Highlander. 3rd ATF change. Almost 100K miles on vehicle.

Out: Toyota WS (~4.75 quarts)
In: Toyota WS (~4.75 quarts)

#boring

Last edited:
2008 4runner Limited V8 @ 72,000 miles

Out: 11 quarts factory fill WS ATF

In: 12 quarts (cooler line exchange) WS ATF

Next change will be Ravenol Synthetic PAO T-WS

‘02 Camry w/273K miles. Pan drop and filter change at 30K OCI. Out 5qts. of Maxlife; in a 5qts. of same w/Beck Arnley filter. No crud in either the pan or on magnets. Smooth shifting before and after.

Back