Don't buy a new 2019 Jetta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
My wife absolutely loves her Jetta in my signature. Just rolled 22 thousand miles & so far -- motor & trans & everything else is working great. Car gets great gas mileage & with a nice/comfy/sturdy ride. There is "always" gonna be haters out there. With proper/diligent maintenance -- hopefully it will last us a long long time.

Dale

Glad you seem to be having good service from yours also.

*UPDATE*

I was able to drive the car myself, and can't help but wonder if it's just noise from the torque converter. Apparently this transmission is equipped with some sort of multi plate clutch type unit for the torque converter. It looks like the noise may be the clutches not being fully engaged and slipping under light throttle and low rpm. Lets hope this is the case.

Halfway through the lease on mine and thrilled with it. As long as the cheap leases are still out there in 18 months I'll likely just get another Jetta, or if I'm feeling flush, might step up to a Passat. The seats fit me SO much better than Asian brands and I like the higher seating position vs. Honda, for instance.

If the transmission is making a noise it's supposed to make, that's something I could live with, as long as I know what it's doing and I'm comfortable that it's not a defect.

Originally Posted by gregk24
My wife absolutely loves her Jetta in my signature. Just rolled 22 thousand miles & so far -- motor & trans & everything else is working great. Car gets great gas mileage & with a nice/comfy/sturdy ride. There is "always" gonna be haters out there. With proper/diligent maintenance -- hopefully it will last us a long long time.

Dale

Yes -- very pleased & you know the old saying, "happy wife -- happy life!!!"
wink.gif

Dale

Yes -- very pleased & you know the old saying, "happy wife -- happy life!!!"
wink.gif

Yes! My wife loves hers too.

*UPDATE*

I was able to drive the car myself, and can't help but wonder if it's just noise from the torque converter. Apparently this transmission is equipped with some sort of multi plate clutch type unit for the torque converter. It looks like the noise may be the clutches not being fully engaged and slipping under light throttle and low rpm. Lets hope this is the case.

You fell for the internet hype! I don't read forums about vehicles I own because you become a hypochondriac with "problems".

There's a lot to love about VW.

Back in the day, if you saw a Jetta, there was a higher chance than most cars that it was being driven by a reasonably hot chick.

Pretty much any manual transmission shifter I've ever grabbed by this manufacturer felt like it was attached to the slide of a .50 Cal sniper rifle.

They definitely de-crapified Lamborghini, Bentley, and Bugatti.

Two words: Ur Quattro

For better or worse, these guys were pumping out turbo vehicles when pretty much nobody else wanted to.

Two words: Nogaro Blue

I sure as heck never want to work on any of them, however.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I sure as heck never want to work on any of them, however.

Why not? They're pretty simple. Very modular, plenty of common systems and platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back