FF 15W40, 111hrs, 16 Mahindra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained and filled with Rotella 15w40 at time of sample.

Make/Model: Mahindra 2.7L
Vehicle: 2016 Mahindra 2530 HST

Code

OIL FF

HOURS IN USE 111

HOURS ON UNIT 111

SAMPLE TAKEN 9/14/18

MAKE UP OIL 0

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 21

COPPER 17

LEAD 9

TIN 3

MOLYBDENUM 6

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 2

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 1

BORON 4

SILICON 25

SODIUM 22

CALCIUM 2412

MAGNESIUM 5

PHOSPHORUS 1093

ZINC 1193

BARIUM 1

SUS @ 210F 70.0

Visc @ 100C 12.96

Flashpoint 415

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.1

Blackstone comments:
This first sample from your dad's tractor looks pretty typical for factory oil. Extra metal and silicon are quite common finds in the first oil change, just from new parts breaking in and silicon from harmless sealers. It will take a couple oil changes to wash this stuff out, but eventually this engine will look more like universal averages, which show typical wear after about 260 hours of use. The oil was in good physical condition, with no harmful water, fuel, or coolant to mention. Insolubles are low at just 0.1%, showing good oil filtration. Try 150-170 hours next.

That's darn good for break-in FF.
How many hours were at rated vs idle or low load?

My friend has an 8560 that's a few years old; it's a beast of a tractor. Must say I'm impressed with Mahindra, although there are a few small quality issues that we've had to fix on it. But overall a very good value for the money.

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the results myself. Looking forward to extending this next interval with the Rotella and see how it starts to trend.

Not sure of the exact hr breakdown, but the majority of the use was shredding on the property. We've used it to help put up some deer stands, and disc / plant food plots for the animals. I would say not a lot of time at idle.

My only knock with his tractor has been how tight the factory drain plug and filters were set from the factory. We may end up having to take it in to get the transmission filter off, it's starting to cave in before it gives. And the dual oil drain plugs threw me off, I haven't seen that before. I'm used to older New Holland tractors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back