Finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by parshisa
Not a whole lot of majors offering this weight
0w-16 is available now from: Castrol, Mobil1, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Ravenol, Eneos, Idemitsu, CarQuest, Lubrigold, Citgo, Amsoil, Toyota house-brand....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Ugh.... Unicorn tears and micro mouse milk combined?!?
I'll stick with the majors....

WOW! Very misinformed post.

Noack...... More variable than my sister-in-law's overdraft fees......

Just ask Kurt Noack....

No. NOACK testing has a degree of variables but results have to be repeatable.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Valvoline 0W16 list a lower NOACK loss than Amsoil 0W16 does.

Ravenol 0w16: 8.2%, probably because its a 100% PAO motor oil.
Valvoline 0w16: 11.4%
Amsoil 0w16: 12.4%

Last edited:
I think some of the Idemitsu Super Moly oils have had 40* and 100*C weights this low... but still called 0W20s. I'll pass. I recently just moved from PUP 5W20 to Ravenol DXG 5W30 in my Fusion 2.5 and haven't seen any mileage hit so far...

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I think some of the Idemitsu Super Moly oils have had 40* and 100*C weights this low... but still called 0W20s. I'll pass. I recently just moved from PUP 5W20 to Ravenol DXG 5W30 in my Fusion 2.5 and haven't seen any mileage hit so far...
Not the Idemitsu Zepro oils, but the Eneos Racing Street 0w20 has about the same kv100 and is thinner at kv40 than these 0w16 oils. However, its the HTHS that really defines all of them, and the HTHS 2.7 for 0w20 is more than the HTHS 2.4 for the 0w16 oils, film thickness in the rings & bearings.
http://www.eneos.us/wp-content/uplo...TREET-0W-20-Product-Data-Sheet_0418b.pdf
Your Ravenol choice means you're running a full PAO oil & tungsten+moly, should be great.

It still bothers me that it's called 0w-16. Why not 0w-15? Why break the pattern? The OCD side of me demands answers.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
It still bothers me that it's called 0w-16. Why not 0w-15? Why break the pattern? The OCD side of me demands answers.

OW16 meets the manufacturer and government specs. OW15 doesn't.
That's why!

Someday a formulation may be tested that allows 0W10 and it's listed in our owners manual as "permanent oil". I hope Armageddon doesn't come first.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Ugh.... Unicorn tears and micro mouse milk combined?!?
I'll stick with the majors....

WOW! Very misinformed post.

In an effort to instill clarity, my comment was aimed at the Amsoil brand, not at the 0w-16 grade.
I see no issues in running a 0w-16 when the OEM calls for it.

The Amsoil brand on the other hand is nearly useless when there is other products more readily available, typically at lower costs, which provide more than adequate protection for the duty cycle required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back