STJLR.03.5005 Oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to purchase the Land Rover/Jaguars Spec oil and looking to find if there's any other oil I should be looking at.

What I don't understand is why this engine needs that's spec oil when Ford runs the same 3.0l diesel in the F-150 and doesn't require it.

Is there any difference between it and fords FA-4 oil for the f150 powerstroke? The engine was designed by ford and I don't believe there were many changes. Just trying to see if there are other spec oils that meet or exceed the STJLR spec that's maybe easier to come by. JLR is such a smaller brand I've wondered if other oils meet their spec but just haven't been officially tested for that specific spec. Hard to find what I can put into it

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FlyingTexan
Is there any difference between it and fords FA-4 oil for the f150 powerstroke? The engine was designed by ford and I don't believe there were many changes. Just trying to see if there are other spec oils that meet or exceed the STJLR spec that's maybe easier to come by. JLR is such a smaller brand I've wondered if other oils meet their spec but just haven't been officially tested for that specific spec. Hard to find what I can put into it
Its the same as an oil that meets Ford's WSS-M2C934-B for the same engine in Ford vehicles.
https://www.amazon.com/Ravenol-J1A1571-001-5W-30-Motor-STJLR-03-5005/dp/B07256JN9N

Originally Posted by FlyingTexan
So just to be clear STJLR-03-5005 = WSS-M2C934-B?

All C1 oils that carry STJLR.03.5005 would have carried Ford M2C934B, but not the other way round.
Hence in a J/LR vehicle fitted with Ford designed engine, I've no qualms using M2C934B as replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back