im looking for a cheaper 2micron filter or similar option for used oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
brake drums do not have a lip to hold oil for filtering...
its just a drum with an open top it would just throw fluid every where with out filtering...
i am even considering making a torque converter centrifuge since it has a closed top i just have to spin it while mounted true to a motor or shaft and cut a hole in one side to make a bowl and chisel out the turbine wheels ...
i do not have a lathe and its 100 @ hr for machine shop work here and they charge 30min just to chuck something up in a lathe not to mention re-positioning something..
i have already made a tuna can centrifuge , i tested it with the weight of heavy gear oil ... but i dont have a way to heat the wmo to 200* at the moment to filter it yet...
i have been thinking of cutting it 50/50 with pump diesel and running it through .. but i eye balled the holes and its off a bit ..

i am currently gathering all the parts to make a WMO to diesel still ...
hopefully il be able to vaporize all the WMO and bubble off all the light gases and collect the much cleaner thinner distillates to save money on filtering at the moment...
then ill target certain temp. ranges and collect
petcoke / tar
No. 6 Fuel is heavy fuel generally used in industrial boilers and ships.
No. 2 Fuel (Diesel, Petroleum Distillate)
Naphtha is a very light fuel that is used as a cut feedstock for ethanol or as white gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back