Need grease suggestions for a pistol application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a grease to use in a CZ pistol application, specifically where the slide stop pin goes through a slot in the barrel. The barrel bottom lug slides on this pin and the pin gets hammered at each end of the sliding surface during each cycle of the pistol slide. I figured a grease might be a better lubricant for this application over oil.

I saw a YouTube infomercial where Amsoil was advertising their grease in a piston and anvil hammer machine. They were touting their grease stays put when hammered where other greases get squished out, depleting the grease between the two metal surfaces. Is this real or tricked up biased advertising?

Here is a link to the video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69wbDiQrhb0

I am looking for a grease that stays in place so this Amsoil grease looks like it might work so I figured I'd ask the experts here for advice.

Last edited:
maybe a decent #2 grease with moly would help. I have some red topped Amsoil #2 purple lithium grease I use for the gooseneck ball on my truck. It seems quite thick and tacky. More so than a comparable Mobil red lithium grease I have.

I should also mention the CZ barrel lug is unique in that it's an oval ramped slot and not a link that is common to 1911's. Slide stop pin breakage is common so I'm trying to find a grease that resists "pound out" (as it's called in the Amsoil commercial) and provides a metal to metal cushion and longer pin life.

ALG very thin grease, amazing stuff. I put it on every gun I own, for the past two years. Stays put. Dont just stop at the take down pin, lube up the frame rails and barrel as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Geissele-Aut...amp;sr=8-1&keywords=very+thin+grease

Lucas gun grease looks, smells, and feels exactly like their marine wheel bearing grease. It will work.

TW25B is expensive, but is world class stuff. I used it for years.

Shooters choice grease is excellent, and fairly cheap, $6 at my local gun store. Comes in cool syringe.

Tetra gun grease excellent stuff. And cheap. $6 a tube.

A tube of synthetic wheel bearing #2 grease is literally a lifetime supply. It will work, but I prefer a thinner lube personally.

I don't own firearms, but I do know the AR-15 guys love AeroShell 33MS grease and Glock uses Loctite C5-A on their slides.

I'd use a relatively "light" grease with EP and some moly.

For gun grease, particularly pistols, the TW-25B is great. I also use Waffenfett by Liqui-Moly, but it's hard to find. My collection of M1 Garands get Mobil 1 but they specify a heavier grease (Lubriplate 130A met the original Mil-Spec, but that Mil-Spec requires washout resistance from rain, and my rifles don't see rain...or saltwater beach landings at Normandy...so, a modern synthetic grease works just great in them...).

Not certain that any grease will prevent impact damage on your slide stop pin, but the Amsoil is great stuff. I would give it a try for that part of your gun, it can't hurt.

And I would use a lighter grease, like the TW-25B for the slide rails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back