Wix, ATP or Pro-King Transmission Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The material is not like a solid rubber material that was stamped out of a sheet. It's kind of more like a composite fibrous material that is pretty sturdy and upon disassembly will probably be less like to tear apart as much as the paper and cork gaskets I had experience with that you scrap away forever to remove.

The U660e transmission was an odd ball because a lot of retailers show both the metal 3 fastener metal style strainer and the plastic body 2 fastener style being compatible. I went with the plastic body style and crossing my fingers that this is correct one from what I read as the latest revision for the newer models for this 6spd generation.

I used an ATP a long, long, long time ago when I was wrenching before I got my driver's license. They were repackagers then, and now. They'll be fine.

My preference is OEM but I trust that Wix or ATP is buying the aftermarket filter from Filtran who made the OEM filter.

For the OP, it might be too late now but a thin coat of high-tack helps with gaskets. Toyota has strangely went back to gaskets, after experimenting with FIPG RTV in the 1990s for sealing the A341E on the Lexus LS/SC400. When I did the ATF filters in my parent's cars, Toyota listed a pan gasket and both were plastic cased felt filters made by Filtran(U151E) and Toyo Roki(A761E).

I ended up buying a wix filter but when I went to replace it I decided to not touch the original filter because 3-4 bolts on the oil pan are right above crossmember frame and will be extreme tough to get off and then I won't be able to get in there with my torque wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back