Ford V10

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister just purchased a used motor home 2016 with a Ford V10 only 10,000 miles. Unfortunately the previous owner took out the Ford motor specification manual and prob kept it. Can someone tell me what oil filter to use on this V10? A few options would be great. As for oil I have 20 quarts of Valvoline full synthetic 5/30 on the shelf I plan to use I figure that should work well. Thanks!

That 5w-30 Valvoline will work as good as anything. The fact that you already have it is a bonus. Use it.

I used only Motorcraft FL820S filters on my V10. Less than $4 at Walmart.

Another option would be a Wix 51372.

I can't believe anyone would recommend the 820s, the MC filter with the worst history for tearing problems!

Most Any 22mm thread filter will be fine. A Fram XG-2 or XG10575 will both be perfect for it.

Any good Napa Gold/Wix will also be fine.

TG2 and the syn you have would be a great combo; I'm assuming no really extended intervals here on a motorhome.

Originally Posted by jongies3
I can't believe anyone would recommend the 820s, the MC filter with the worst history for tearing problems!

I've run quite a few, and cut open quite a few, didn't find any tears on mine.

The MC FL820s filters that I have cut opened did not impress me at all. A really good cross filter I have seen was the older champ 820's with the silicon ADBV. They were very stout and held up well even at 10K. I have two MC filters left and one Champ in my oil/filter fridge. I will most likely go back to the XG2 filters and do yearly oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back