VW G 055 540 A2 Compatible ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tom777
Thanks for the feed back! Mine is the 09G that requires G 055 540 A2 and dealer is asking $24 a qt which will break my bank if i do a 12qt flush.

With regular drain-and-fills, you'll never need a flush. The cost for the entire service done at the dealer is reasonable when you're performing it per VW at 50k intervals.

Read up on the procedure before you attempt it yourself.

Well that depends on what delaership you have in your area. The one near me charge $313 for a simple drain and fill no filter change. That price for a simple drain and fill its not quite reasonable to me. Beside this dealership have a rep for cutting corners thats why I decided to do it myself.

Originally Posted By: Tom777
Well that depends on what delaership you have in your area. The one near me charge $313 for a simple drain and fill no filter change. That price for a simple drain and fill its not quite reasonable to me. Beside this dealership have a rep for cutting corners thats why I decided to do it myself.

We charged $329 for fluid + filter. I would find a new dealer.

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for the same fluid. I need g055540a2 for my 2015 Jetta. It has a NTG (09G) trans code. I find the Ravenol, Febi, and VW fluid. The only cheaper fluid I can find that even says its suitable for g055540a2 is Peak multi vehicle ATF. What do you guys think of this fluid? Anybody tried it?

There is also Liqui Moly Top Tec 1800 and I can get that for $11.49 per liter. That would be the one they recommend for a transmission that needs G 055 540 a2. I was wondering if anyone has used that? I have the second generation 09G in my 2013 Passat. I already did one drain and fill with Aisin WS and it shifts a little better already. It had 30,000 miles and may have also been a little low on fluid. I think it may have been low because it had almost 2 quarts of fluid. The worst thing about it being low like that is no dipstick to check the #%&@ing thing!! It is difficult to tell unless you crawl under it while it is still cold and start it the first time that day. If anyone plans to keep their car longer than 60,000 miles they should change that fluid. Those who think it is a lifetime fluid are in for a rude awakening when they see the repair bill!!

For the earlier 09G (as I had in my previous Volkswagen), Liqui Moly's fluid would have been Top Tec 1200 (for G 055 025 a2) just in case there is some confusion. Back when I had that car I was also looking for acceptable alternative fluids because of VW's prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back