amalie motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its like warren, they make a lot of house brand oils as well as their own. used their tranny fluid in the past and it was fine

The 5W-40 in the link above has good specs. I've not used Amalie oil in many years, but when I did, it was a fine product.

Amalie has a fantastic arena in Tampa, Florida. It has a pair of huge tesla coils that make lightning inside for the local sports team.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Lot's of distributors here and it seems to sell well. One of the indies near me, working out of a Mobil gas station, only uses Amalie.

Amalie makes good stuff. They have been around a long long time
smile.gif

They make the Carquest house brand oil for AAP, and in some regions, they supply the Super Tech at Walmart.

Amalie also produces motor oil under the Wolf's Head brand. Amalie (1903) and Wolf's Head (1879) began as separate oil refiners/blenders in Pennsylvania. Quaker State, Kendall, Amalie and Wolf's Head were the biggest lubricant producers in PA that I remember growing up.

Last edited:
My hot rodder cousins all used Amalie back in the late 1950s. And in the 1960s, they were a major sponsor at the Watkins Glen race circuit.

Originally Posted by Cujet
The 5W-40 in the link above has good specs. I've not used Amalie oil in many years, but when I did, it was a fine product.

Amalie has a fantastic arena in Tampa, Florida. It has a pair of huge tesla coils that make lightning inside for the local sports team.

[Linked Image]

"Local sports team"? They're an NHL team!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by Cujet

[Linked Image]

"Local sports team"? They're an NHL team!

Tampa Bay has a sports team?

I use their Wolf's Head Universal Synthetic ATF. It's great stuff and has performed superbly as a Honda DW-1 substitute (which is listed as compatible on the bottle.)

I expect their oils would be high quality as well.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Amalie makes good stuff. They have been around a long long time
smile.gif

They make the Carquest house brand oil for AAP, and in some regions, they supply the Super Tech at Walmart.

The STP brand oil at Autozone is also Amalie. Both dino and synthetic.

Thanks for information guys. I was going to use these instead Valvoline MST. But i will just stick with Valvoline MST for now.

Shame on you is right. But shame on Amalie for even putting this in gas stations. It's all over the place down here, right next to the up to spec motor oils. I had no idea this was an Amalie product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back