Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure Tire Reviews

I need a new set of tires for my F-150, have 56K on my factory wrangler ATS. Still have some tread but they are needing replaced soon and are 7 years old.

Size from factory is LT275/65R18C. I drive 90% highway but the other 10% is pulling, gravel roads, dirty/muddy roads and fields. Need to stick with the LR C.

The cooper AT3 and the All-terrain adventure are the 2 most readily available LT C in this size. I've heard mixed reviews of the AT3. The all-terrain adventure has the snowflake symbol which i like for bad winters here. I can get the all-terrain adventure, installed for about $150-200 cheaper per set of 4 (at a ford dealer surprisingly, best prices around). Haven't heard to many review of these goodyears. Want a good all terrain with decent manners but some off-road capabilities. This goodyear seems to check all the boxes?

Anyone on here have any experience with this goodyear? Have run the AT3 before, I'm meh with them.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-all-terrain-adventure#

TIA

Last edited:
I use them on a 1/2 ton as well as on a 3/4 ton pickup truck, they're the most useful all around truck tire GoodYear makes in my opinion.

Cooper revamped the Discoverer AT3 line up into 3 different tires, 4S, LT, and XLT.

Might be worth re-looking at em.

I've been running the 4S for about 3 months. Waiting for winter to play with them. So far, loving them over my old Bridgestone's.

I had a good experience with the Coopers for the first 40k miles. Still had tons of tread but the wet traction just disappeared at that point. Oh, and the insides started separating...

If the price is equal (or better) I would go with the Goodyears based on my experienced with their SIlent Armors.

Last edited:
Problem with the new line up of AT3 is there is no LT C option in my tire size. The old AT3 has a LT C and there is some still available. Either P rated or LT E - which I don't need. Only about 6 tires that are in my size and LT C.

The ATS tires have not been to bad - They could probably last another 10-15k but they are starting to dry rot/crack around the lugs. Wet and snow traction are unimpressive.

Would love the Duratrac but that would be almost $400 more after taxes and would be a louder/more aggressive tire for my needs.

Falken wild peak at3w is an option but those are almost as expensive.

Cooper AT3 - $177/tire
GY Adeventure - $165/tire

All others $250+/-

Last edited:
I've got the exact tire being looked at - size and load range C, on my 2016 F150. I'm at nearly 36,000 miles on them at this point. At this point, I am pretty sure I will be putting the exact same tire back on my truck when the time comes. Not often I say that about the tire that came from the factory, but I am satisfied with these.

Quiet on the highway, acceptable traction in gravel/off road situations (think northern MN logging road usage and some occasional construction sites). Snow and ice traction is fine (and as you noted the LT tires have the snowflake on them). They are not as good as snow tires in the snow, but rank right up there for an all terrain tire in the snow. Tire wear has been good - they are wearing evenly, and I estimate I'll get over 50,000 miles out of this set no problem. I can tell they have less grip in the wet than when new now, but still just fine. Not a lot to dislike here.

I will state they took some weight to balance from the factory even. Some on the F150 boards have complained that they have a vibration that they can't get rid of with these (but will put the asterisk on those claims that they also seem to have every problem ever noted on an F150, meaning I take a lot of it with a grain of salt.).

For comparison sake, other All Terrain tires I've used include Bridgestone Revo's (multiple generations), Firestone Destination AT's, and Cooper Discoverer in one of the All Terrain flavors. The Coopers I had wore poorly, became very noisy after 20,000 miles, and quite frankly soured me on Coopers despite some other good experiences. I'd put the Goodyears a touch above the Destination AT's, and frankly those are my choice for a low cost, good all terrain tire.

That's My 2 cents anyways. I like mine and plan on buying another set.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
I've got the exact tire being looked at - size and load range C, on my 2016 F150. I'm at nearly 36,000 miles on them at this point. At this point, I am pretty sure I will be putting the exact same tire back on my truck when the time comes. Not often I say that about the tire that came from the factory, but I am satisfied with these.

Quiet on the highway, acceptable traction in gravel/off road situations (think northern MN logging road usage and some occasional construction sites). Snow and ice traction is fine (and as you noted the LT tires have the snowflake on them). They are not as good as snow tires in the snow, but rank right up there for an all terrain tire in the snow. Tire wear has been good - they are wearing evenly, and I estimate I'll get over 50,000 miles out of this set no problem. I can tell they have less grip in the wet than when new now, but still just fine. Not a lot to dislike here.

I will state they took some weight to balance from the factory even. Some on the F150 boards have complained that they have a vibration that they can't get rid of with these (but will put the asterisk on those claims that they also seem to have every problem ever noted on an F150, meaning I take a lot of it with a grain of salt.).

For comparison sake, other All Terrain tires I've used include Bridgestone Revo's (multiple generations), Firestone Destination AT's, and Cooper Discoverer in one of the All Terrain flavors. The Coopers I had wore poorly, became very noisy after 20,000 miles, and quite frankly soured me on Coopers despite some other good experiences. I'd put the Goodyears a touch above the Destination AT's, and frankly those are my choice for a low cost, good all terrain tire.

That's My 2 cents anyways. I like mine and plan on buying another set.

Thank you for that info! Your on road / off road habits seem very similar to mine but with a different background of timber vs crop fields. I can get a set installed for ~750 including tax and then theres a rebate on top of that. Seems pretty had to beat, even for the coopers.

I know this is a Necro-Post but just wanted to mention for the guys that liked the old Cooper AT3 (USA) it's still available as a Walmart exclusive relabeled as the Cooper AT. They even offer an upgraded 275/65R18 116 instead of the old P275/65R18 114 if you need the correct Load Index for a newer F150. It's not as good as the Cooper AT3 4S (USA) in the snow/ice but it's lots better than the Cooper ATT (Chinese) and similar in price for a USA made tire. I know some states won't pass a P275/65R18 114 (rated at 35 psi) if the Placard says 275/65R18 116 (rated at 36 psi) even though they are supposed to be functionally identical just one rated under old TRA rules and the other under the new TRA/ERTO harmonization rules.

Back