LingLong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wdn
That isn't the same tread pattern as the Hankook Dynapro though.
It is very close. In western culture, it's taboo to directly copy things like that. I just don't know about Asian culture in this area. I suppose they think it's fine to xerox copy other people's work and IP. Western engineers are kind of shocked every time this happens.

Originally Posted by wdn
I don't know whether LingLong tires are any good.
The news on them hasn't been good over the last few years. Maybe they will catch up to a decent Michelin or Goodyear, etc., but they have to prove their performance. .... That said, I see where U.S. long haul truckers use LingLongs: They are half the price as Goodyears! Not kidding, half the price ( 445/50R-22.5 example, $500 LingLongs vs. twice that for Goodyears). They must be durable enough if truckers are using it and not generating road gators too much with them.
Truckers would know if Chinese tires become these excessively:
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by wdn
China can build nuclear submarines and orbiting space stations but somehow cannot make tire rubber? I really don't think so. What have they done in the last 10 years? Well for one thing China now builds more than half the world's automobiles. And now they own Volvo too. https://www.lubrizoladditives360.com/acea-oil-sequences-china/
Very disturbing. A lot of extra planetary pollution, and support for the autocracy's military....

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
pictures

I'm not sure if I want Chinese-copy Mario as the mascot for my tires.

Is it any worse than Goodyears "flying shoe"?

Well in my defense, if a shoe can make me fly then that's less stress on my knees
smile.gif

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies I see where U.S. long haul truckers use LingLongs: They are half the price as Goodyears! Not kidding, half the price ( 445/50R-22.5 example, $500 LingLongs vs. twice that for Goodyears). They must be durable enough if truckers are using it and not generating road gators too much with them.
Truckers would know if Chinese tires become these excessively:
[Linked Image</div><div class=
" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

I've seen a transit authority has been installing Triangles, Sunnys and Leaos on their bus and van fleet - despite the fact they are taxpayer funded agencies that have to comply with Buy America rules and you can't legally install retreads on the front axle of a passenger bus(they've been installing retreads on a Michelin or Firestone carcass on their 35-40' Gilligs on the rear axle).

The commuter coaches the Triangles are installed on live a hard life with lots of stop and go but it seems like this agency can't get more than a year out of Chinese tires but they are too cheap to get a "proper" transit-rated tire which means they would have to sign a mileage lease with Goodyear or Firestone on per-mile terms.

The city transit buses around here run on Goodyear, spec'd from the factory even (same model buses in one of the suburb transit agencies spec Bridgestone, so it wasn't the bus manufacturer's choice to use Goodyear).

Except for a new model of bus they just started buying. Something called a Grande West Vicinity, somehow finished in Canada (and somehow meets the Buy American rules too), but the unit comes from China. These are all riding on Linglongs.

Originally Posted by weebl

Except for a new model of bus they just started buying. Something called a Grande West Vicinity, somehow finished in Canada (and somehow meets the Buy American rules too), but the unit comes from China. These are all riding on Linglongs.

I just looked that up, it doesn't look like a BYD which is also Chinese. But the BYD is all-electric while this a diesel. The tour bus companies in SF have been buying Chinese-built Ankai buses instead of the usual Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. Cheaper. But those come shod with Bridgestones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back