NAPA and Purolator air filter, which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my '17 Grand Cherokee, I want to choose an air filter from NAPA and Purolator.
Which one is better?

napa.JPG

purolator.JPG

Last edited:
I put a NAPA air filter and cabin air filter. Both looked like a WIX filter. Buy the NAPA. I wouldn't touch anything made by Purolator. The Air filter is nothing to skimp on. Purolator will never see a dime from me again.

Where is each of them from? Napa air or cabin filters i get are never from north america. Quality seems to be same of all filters made outside north america. Go with cheapest unless you can compare construction from both.

NAPA. I put one on my Tundra recently. It is indeed a Wix because I bought an actual Wix from Rock Auto, and it is identical to the NAPA filter.

I would do what I do when I can't decide. Buy them both, keep the receipts and then compare them side by side. Install the filter that has more pleats, better construction and seems to fit the air box better. If it really is a tie, then just install the cheaper filter. Return the other filter that did not win the comparison and live happy!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back