Liqui Moly Oil Additive

How fast does it settle out?
If it takes weeks to settle to the bottom of the oil, I would think it
would stay suspended in the oil in a car/truck engine that is used or run
daily or several times a week.(me).

My 2¢

Insoluble MoS2 is inferior to soluble MoDTC (common) or MoDTP (uncommon). Paying for the former is folly. I wouldn't even use it if it was free. If you want the good stuff, use an additive that has it or an oil that has a lot of it. This thread should be in the additive forum.

Didn't BITOG member Trav discuss a experience with LM moly additive? It wasn't positive.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Yes,
the little jars that I mixed for my freezer tests I left sit for a few months.

The oil drained out, and the molly stayed in the bottom, and couldn't be flushed out with detergent and hot water. Had to be scraped out, just like sludge

It mixes up pretty easy after sitting in the can.

I use Mos2 in a CX-5 driven short trips, one a week, or less. My UOA showed high levels of moly suspended in the old oil. I posted the UOA here a while back.

Do you guys know what is in Rislone oil treatment/additive?
STP oil treatment says it has zddp on the bottle ... but Rislone doesn't specify and I wonder if it has moly or not. It is very popular with good reviews. Just curious what's in it
crazy2.gif

I do like Red Line numbers ... Very solid oil!

You can try Castrol magatec of you like. The theory being there is quite a bit of ester and it should work to deaden the sound. The other theory is the oil is too thick upon startup thus once the oil thins the tick goes away.

I live in Augusta, GA and just picked up 2 bottles of Lubro-Moly MoS2 at my local Napa a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it helps. The oil turned a dull gray color though.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
STP oil treatment says it has zddp on the bottle ... but Rislone doesn't specify and I wonder if it has moly or not. It is very popular with good reviews. Just curious what's in it
crazy2.gif

It is a 20 grade:

Rislone Engine Treatment from quart bottle (32 oz.) version.

Physical Tests:
Viscosity (cSt 40C) 43.0
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 8.0

Additives (ppm):
Magnesium (Mg) 3
Calcium (Ca) 1935
Phosphorus (P) 422
Zinc (Zn) 503
Boron (B) 8

TMP Ester ~ 11% by weight.

The amount of ZDDP is at a level to supplant the ZDDP when this stuff is added.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Get that water for oil out of that Hemi and put a good 5-10W30 in it and your tick will disappear... especially living in GA, cold starts aren't really a concern.

How would a oil when at startup is very thick thicker than a 30 grade at operating tempature help? It makes no sense a very thick oil there is a tick and when it thins out the tick goes away.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by OilUzer
crazy2.gif

It is a 20 grade:

Rislone Engine Treatment from quart bottle (32 oz.) version.

Physical Tests:
Viscosity (cSt 40C) 43.0
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 8.0

Additives (ppm):
Magnesium (Mg) 3
Calcium (Ca) 1935
Phosphorus (P) 422
Zinc (Zn) 503
Boron (B) 8

TMP Ester ~ 11% by weight.

The amount of ZDDP is at a level to supplant the ZDDP when this stuff is added.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dawgn86
What positives / negatives can you tell me about this engine oil additive? Liqui Moly MOS2 Anti-friction engine treatment.

have a 2012 Jeep Cherokee with the 5.7 hemi engine that has a light tick on startup. The can says it is 300 ml; how much would be needed on a 7 quart oil change?

Thanks

Redline will cure that tick. If it's the lifters..

Are you sure its not an exhaust manifold leak. Kind of common on the dodge. Sounds just like a lifter (lash adjuster) tic I am told. How about a mechanic stethoscope on the valve covers to make sure its a lifter. I have a dodge 4.7. I have the dreaded tic.Lifters sound the same warm and cold with the stethoscope. I used the output of a shop vac to pressurize my exhaust and confirmed an exhaust manifold gasket failure. I have yet to replace the gaskets. With winter coming up here in ND might wait until spring. If something goes wrong with those rusty as heck studs I don't want to have to drive the Geo Tracker ragtop while I repair broken studs. Most Dodge guys will tell you if the tick goes away after a few min don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
LM MoS2 will settle out of suspension as it's not in a true liquid soluble form. I looked into it but decided against it after hearing advice from people far smarter and more knowledgeable on the subject.

I have heard this as well.

Where does it go to?!?!?

Trapped in all the little pockets where sludge usually forms?

Or does it get stuck in the pleats of the oil filter and stay there?

The nooks and crannies !
18.gif

Originally Posted by Diesel12
Look into TUFOIL. In the Guinness book of world records for most efficient lubricant. Has 4.8 out of 5 stars on amazon with 138 reviews. NEVER been sued by the FTC. Its awesome stuff in my opinion, one of the best additives i have came across.

Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/Tufoil-Engin...541610050&sr=8-1&keywords=tufoil

Tufoil website- https://www.fluoramics.com/tufoil/tufoil-for-engines/

PTFE has no place in motor oil and DuPont specifically disavowed and warned against any use of their product for that application.

What specific test results posted to the Tufoil website lend credence to their vague claims? I asked you that the last time when you promoted Tufoil but you didn't respond.

I just go by real world reviews from people that have actually used it including myself. Actually just 3 days ago i added some to my fathers 03 Durango 4.7 with 220K miles that had some nice lifter noise. After 5 min the noise was gone and his truck ran smoother than it ever has. I dont think ive ever read a bad review on Tufoil. I do my own research, experiment for myself and make my own decisions/observations. I like to think for myself not let propaganda persuade my findings.

so the liqui moly MOS2 isn't oil soluble. i could've sworn i read about another brand that was soluble. am i mistaken? any help?

Back