Cheap wine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by skyactiv
I have tried many different wines over the years from cheap to expensive.

At risk of losing credibility, my favorite wine is Carlo Rossi Chianti.

if your one of those people who likes to take mental thoughts down and describe wines i.e., this wine has notes of blah blah who cares whatever, you wont like it.

Nothing at all wrong with Carlo Rossi wine. We almost always have a bottle of their "Paesano" wine around as a 'table wine'. Easy to drink, unassuming, and definitely economical.

I hear this one is really mellow... Not sure where to buy it though.
lol.gif

photo_2018-09-24_23-09-27.jpg

Ahh, the age old wonderful search, to find an excellent, cheap red wine.

They exist. One that comes to mind are the various brands of Monetpulciano d abruzzo from Italy. $10 and really good. They all taste the same.

I visited Montepulciano, IT and I'm convinced there are only 2 producers there.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I have tried many different wines over the years from cheap to expensive.

At risk of losing credibility, my favorite wine is Carlo Rossi Chianti.

if your one of those people who likes to take mental thoughts down and describe wines i.e., this wine has notes of blah blah who cares whatever, you wont like it.

[Linked Image]

I always reach for their sangria.
My wife hates wine but will drink the Stella Rosa. This one seems to be better of the ones I've tried, they are too sweet if not chilled.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Chris Meutsch
Get Bota Box wines. $5 per bottle, 4 bottles in a box, zero oxidation.

Trust me. I'm in the biz.

Yeah, but what do the real winos get? Every time I'm in a liquor store and the guy asks if he can help me, I'm always temped to ask what's the most alcohol you can get for the least amount of money? I don't drink so I never bother to ask. Just curious though.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Yeah, but what do the real winos get? Every time I'm in a liquor store and the guy asks if he can help me, I'm always temped to ask what's the most alcohol you can get for the least amount of money? I don't drink so I never bother to ask. Just curious though.

The real whinos get Thunderbird, Mad Dog 2020, Night Train, and pints of cheap vodka.

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave
Originally Posted by Wolf359

The real whinos get Thunderbird, Mad Dog 2020, Night Train, and pints of cheap vodka.

UD

Those are "bum wines". You can throw Cisco into that category. $3 for a pocket bottle of Skol or a 40 is about as cheap as you're going to be able to go for a quality buzz. At least that what a friend told me.

That's good ... I will admit to buying Jacobs Creek whites often ... most I share it with are not serious wine snobs and think it's Ok ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back