KFE brake pads?

Anyone have experience with these KFE brake pads? They seem to get a pretty good review on Amazon. I have new Honda hardware to do the brake job. Honda really rips you off for clips, springs and boots! Akebono (Honda OEM) pads work, but are 2-3 times the price of these. I may give these a go.

I'd look up the edge code of the pads against the AMECA listings to make sure they're a legit supplier. I have a feeling those reviews might be fakes - there aren't too many reviews to inspire confidence. Brakes are one thing you shouldn't cheap out on.

Hondas are picky about brakes, pads and rotor runout are two things you can control. I hate to say it, but this is where OEM or Akebono Pro-Acts/Centric 105s might be better. I've used Monroe pads with success on a Civic.

I have used a set once. They are ok pads. Made a little more dust than others but stopped the car fine.

Not sure how of your finances, but for me Akebono are tried and true and worth some extra $$. Have you checked Amazon and RockAuto? I would spend extra on pads and less on rotors.

Akebono is the best to use, and you can even get the Akebono performance ASP pads for your Element
smile.gif

But if cost is a concern, consider Raybestos EHT and Wagner OEX.

I am puzzled by all the stuff I see on pads & rotors .

I have been driving mostly GM for the last 20 - 30 years .

Slap on a set of pads and go . If the rotors are bad , them too .

This is not rocket science .

But we do not drive like this is the Indy 500 .

And I am not driving a finicky foreign car .

And I have never purchased OEM brake parts . Never replaced hardware , unless I messed up a spring ( drum brakes ) or something went MIA .

And I have never purchased OEM brake parts . Never replaced hardware , unless I messed up a spring ( drum brakes ) or something went MIA . [/quote]

If I lived in Texas, So Cal, or Arizona I would share your opinion. I however, live in the rust belt. Brake lubrication done at least every 3 years is a thing of life as is replacing rusted brake hardware.

Some of us are exceedingly blessed . And probably do not realize it .

I have stated this before . In almost 50 years , I have never crawled under a used car , to examine for rust . While shopping for a used car .

If I see body rust , I take that into consideration ( and will probably walk ) .

I have posted my experience, in the past, with Akebono ProAct front pads that I bought from Advance Auto, and only lasted round about 25,000 miles on a 2008 Honda Civic. They had a three year warranty, so Advance did replace them with their top of the line house brand pad for the Honda.

The old pads I took off the car were factory Honda pads with Akebono stamped on them. The car was bought used, and when I changed the pads it had round about 108,000 miles. If those were original pads, then sure Akebono Honda pads is definitely worth the price, but the ProAct are not the same quality.

I've had the KFE 914 and 537 on my 13 civic for about 3 years and they have performed flawlessly. Quiet, low dust, and sure stops. I also have them on my seldom driven 2011 Elantra. Would definitely buy again, especially for the price. Go for it!

Back