If marketing departments & companies were honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can discuss what Marketing Departments and Companies would actually say regarding their less than stellar products. Maybe with catchy re-done one slogans outlining their failures.

I saw in another thread about Purolator - You'll love it or we'll rip you a new one.

That sort of thing if it applies... If not then a description of how the product etc. should actually go based on the less than stellar quality / performance.

Just to have a laugh, nothing taken seriously here... And go....

Last edited:
From my "Personal Axe to Grind" Dept.:

Don't buy Ecco shoes! They're playing around with unproven compounds in their soles. Newish shoes experience crumbling and soles commonly exude sticky substances.

Not quite a slogan but useful to the consumer as a warning.

If I went on about this I could get banned for pure anger.

The company changed their website so it's not as funny anymore, but when I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago, the doctor prescribed SuPrep to clean me out. The company's landing page had a picture of some drain plumbing with a toilet brush handle on one end and the head of he brush snaking out of the other.

Accurate.

Yeah I saw those video's hilarious.

As for another one to add to this thread... I heard a funny that sort of kind of reflects well on the brands users. Axe body spray - I sprayed a spider hoping to kill it and now it's running around my place making inappropriate gestures & comments.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
Don't buy Ecco shoes! They're playing around with unproven compounds in their soles. Newish shoes experience crumbling and soles commonly exude sticky substances.

Not quite a slogan but useful to the consumer as a warning.

If I went on about this I could get banned for pure anger.

You have my commiserations. My boss banned my Ecco shoes from the lab once he saw what they did to the floor. They had to hire a special crew to scrub off the smut it left on the floor.

How old were your shoes? I had bad experiences with their shoes 15 years ago. You'd think they'd have figured out a good compound by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back