Chicago PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Irishman
I haven't seen it. I'm just too busy looking for your newest C & P. Irishman

Don't worry, I'm always busy helping someone so filters are in good supply
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I'd have no problem if ALL cops handled things like Voight. Treat good people with respect, treat criminals like criminals. 'Nuff said.

As morgan Freeman said "thats dam right"

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I'd have no problem if ALL cops handled things like Voight. Treat good people with respect, treat criminals like criminals. 'Nuff said.

As morgan Freeman said "thats dam right"

Exactly correct here.

While not Chicago PD, it was priceless... was watching Live PD and Sticks was at the mic. A cop in El Paso got punched in the face and retaliated in kind. Sticks' comment: "You punch a cop, you better believe you're gonna get punched back!"

Good cops get a bad rap from snowflakes on social media. The cops just want to go home to their families every night as well.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by StevieC
Chicago Fire is really good as well. Really like 911. That's a newer one.

Yes, Chicago Fire is a great show StevieC
smile.gif

I can't stand Chicago PD. SO many glaring errors, it's pathetic. For crying out load, hire a technical advisor for $60k a year and get the police details right. I spot 3-5 glaring errors in every episode I ever watched, which is garbage. Any retired 20 year police veteran could easily help with the authenticity. (I was a cop for ten years)

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I can't stand Chicago PD. SO many glaring errors, it's pathetic. For crying out load, hire a technical advisor for $60k a year and get the police details right. I spot 3-5 glaring errors in every episode I ever watched, which is garbage. Any retired 20 year police veteran could easily help with the authenticity. (I was a cop for ten years)

YES !!! Thank you !!! I'm from Chicago and laugh at it, I see it as more of a soap opera than a true cop show. I can honestly say I have never seen a CPD officer who looks like Sophia Bush lol

In last 15 years. Southland (LAPD) / Third watch(NYPD) were TRUE AND RAW cops shows

Dave

I like the show but yes it is unrealistic most of the time. I just take into account they are supposed to be a special unit and pretty much do whatever they want, under the radar, that makes it easier to watch.

At least most of the time they handle guns properly, it drives me nuts watching shows where they walk around with there finger on the trigger etc. or they pull out there Glock and you hear the sound effect of them cocking a hammer LOL

I love Chicago PD. South Florida needs a Hank Voight. The criminals have all the rights and are out on bail before the paperwork is done on them. They also need a cage downstairs to get some truthful answers form the garbage they arrest.

I also love Chicago Med and Chicago Fire.

I sometimes watch Live PD. Being that they are televised the Leos treat the garbage with kid gloves. Even thanking them for giving their real name after they lie to them who they really are over and over again.

It is a TV show, not a documentary.

Often times they barge into a dwelling, knocking down the door just because a snitch told them the crooks might be there, no bother with a warrant or anything like that to make it legal.

Also, it is rare that a kick of the door (sometimes by a slim female!) or a shoulder bumping into a locked door will open it. But it happens in these shows all the time.

Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life
I love Chicago PD. South Florida needs a Hank Voight. The criminals have all the rights and are out on bail before the paperwork is done on them. They also need a cage downstairs to get some truthful answers form the garbage they arrest.

If there is any police agency in America that has a Hank Voight, you'll find him south Florida. In Broward, Miami Dade, or Palm Beach county.

I always worked in central Florida area (in law enforcement)... when we got transfers in from South Florida, our eye brows would raise. Those guys are something else. They do law enforcement a little different down there. A huge Hispanic community honestly needs a different style of policing than a typical American community. For whatever reason, the Hispanic community, in my estimation, is harder to police and needs overwhelming brute force to gain compliance. You cant take a mayberry cop and throw him in Little Havana or Liberty City and expect him to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back