Change those cabin filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one is the original from my 2006 Pathfinder

cabin.jpg

i buy mine from Rock Auto for about $6.00 each.
i change both cars every June.
takes about 20 minutes for both.

Originally Posted by dawgn86

I'll bet it was still filtering just fine. The sticks and leaves have little if any effect on performance. Changing them yearly is a complete waste of money.

Originally Posted by philipp10
Originally Posted by dawgn86

I'll bet it was still filtering just fine. The sticks and leaves have little if any effect on performance. Changing them yearly is a complete waste of money.

I find the opposite true. Just a small amount of dust and debris renders them restricted enough to effect cooling and heating.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I find the opposite true. Just a small amount of dust and debris renders them restricted enough to effect cooling and heating.

it would be interesting to get a flow meter and see how fast it gets restricted.

Originally Posted by philipp10
Originally Posted by Chris142

it would be interesting to get a flow meter and see how fast it gets restricted.

It gets restricted enough that customers come to me thinking they have an AC problem due to not enough airflow out the vents.

I just changed mine on the used car I bought. It was 17 yrs old. I've seen worse though.

Last edited:
From my experiences 15K to 20K is my "CAFCI" (Cabin Air Filter Change Interval).
How much Sunlight gets through 'em is my test.
I'm grateful they seem not to get wet during their service life.

so, the wife comes home and said the Pathfinder is making a funny, vibrating noise when the fan was on high ...long story short, the blower motor had about 15 acorns in it...took it out, cleaned it up..smooth now

one last question...i got the Fram Febreeze filters...I put them in with the arrows facing up...is that the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back