FULL brand oil filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of member SubyRubieRoo's 2006 Honda Odyssey that had Delo XLE 10W30 and this filter on and in for 5,200 miles.
Filter made in Thailand also

20180926_163205.jpg

20180926_163209.jpg

20180926_163347.jpg

20180926_163332.jpg

20180926_163442.jpg

20180926_163406.jpg

20180926_163503.jpg

20180926_163424.jpg

Holy cow, I almost vomited when I saw the oil in that filter. Looks like coolant in the motor oil.

Guys: SubyRubieRoo told me when he shipped me filters he was bad boy and they sat out in the rain. I highly doubt coolant is in oil

I'm certain SubyRubyRoo will be along soon

Are you sure that's not used motor oil from a Subaru? Lol

Kidding aside the filter does look pretty good.

Originally Posted by wdn
Are you sure that's not from a Subaru? Lol

Unless SubieRubyRoo lied to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

And yuck that oil looks terrible!

This is what happens when you leave a filter outside with open end up folks and it rains

"With M-Pleat Filter Element Design" ... I can kind of see it through the muck. Think that's the first we've seen of that setup. Good C&P Stude - thanks.

I have one M-pleat filter left (brand new, no rain soak!) I will probably send it to Adam for a C&P so it's actually worthwhile to the board. I was thinking it would look like a Purflux, but that's obviously not the case. The new filter should show the design much better, and be less messy to handle as well
smile.gif

Have no fear, there was no coolant or water in the oil or the filter when it was in use or removed. Subaru haters begone! LOL Not even my Subaru mixes oil and water.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
"With M-Pleat Filter Element Design" ... I can kind of see it through the muck. Think that's the first we've seen of that setup. Good C&P Stude - thanks.

You're very welcome ZeeOSix
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Thanks for all the C&P Adam! Great work as usual, even though I boned up your labor by being lazy and letting them sit outside...

Yeah, a ton of water poured out of the FULL brand oil filter. I'll take the old oil to work tomorrow and let Safety Kleen re refine it LOL!

I think so... I got them in a lot of filters I bought from Hootbro. Not sure where it originally came from; I looked at NAPA and wasn't able to find it. That doesn't mean it didn't come from there though.

Your new screen name fooled me for a little while. Glad you are still with us. Thanks again for this and all of the previous C & P's. Thank you. Irishman

There's nothing wrong with Full brand oil filters for 5-6K OCI's. I've used several of the Malaysian-made Full filters on Acuras and Isuzu Troopers over the years. They had the classic rounded gasket. Basic filters, not for extended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back