Pets Puking in Middle of the Night :~/

Status
Not open for further replies.
This effing cat wakes me up at puking out in the hallway one more night again, and I'm taking it to the pound. Freaking once a month thing.

Is it hairballs or just plain old puke? What are you currently feeding it?

My cat used to puke quite a bit until I switched him over to a limited ingredient diet.

I use the limited ingredient hair ball dry stuff and it REALLY cut back on the upchucks.

It's good stuff

CANIDAE

I would consider taking it to a veterinarian instead of the pound. Likely something health wise that is wrong with it.

Yes, was informed tonight that it's one year since we got (two of) the cats...the third one has only been here since Jan.

"Cats are such clean animals", my Aunt Nelly.

I just walk around the "oopsies" in the morning, then tell the boss where they are...picking up front end or back end rejects, I wake up the whole house dry retching, or with my footsteps running when it's not dry.

Once a month is nothing. That really angers you that much?

Cats get sick, it's normal, usually to clear hairballs from grooming themselves. But the contents and frequency need to be noted because it can be a sign of a major problem.

Cats are nocturnal so they eat at night. If it's hairballs then you need to brush it more often. If it's not hairballs then you need to look at changing out the food to something that's 'grain free". Cats are obligate carnivores so they do not digest grains very well.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Yes, was informed tonight that it's one year since we got (two of) the cats...the third one has only been here since Jan.

"Cats are such clean animals", my Aunt Nelly.

I just walk around the "oopsies" in the morning, then tell the boss where they are...picking up front end or back end rejects, I wake up the whole house dry retching, or with my footsteps running when it's not dry.

This.

One cat is too many. Sorry to those that like them, but not a fan.

My previous cat who lived for 21 years did that the last year of his life. My present SKooter (2year old) caughts up a hair ball about once a month for about 2 minutes. Talk to a VET for suggested eating habit change. What you describe is not normal. Ed

It's so much fun, isn't it? Our dog does that, no real frequency but it sure is fun to jump out of bed and try to run it to the door before there's a mess. Next house, no carpets!

My 25 year old long hair cat has always thrown up hair balls. About 1 a week. Used to be more but I changed his food to a different brand that claims to help with hair balls. You can also buy a medicine that you put on their foot and they lick it off.

My short hair cats don't have this problem. My youngest cat Garfield that was born to a ferrel mom then she left him @3 weeks old he over eats. He is obese and often barfs up food from over eating.

Baby cat was a ferrel and is still skittish around people he does not know. Has never had a hairball that I know of.

20161128_055940.jpg

20170324_174259.jpg

My two maybe throw up a hair ball twice a year. I have fed them Purina Beyond Grain Free Chicken and Egg for years and they have really seemed to do their best on it.

Chris...that's castor oil, we used to give it to my wife's long hair...dip your finger in the oil and smear it just once on a front paw.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Chris...that's castor oil, we used to give it to my wife's long hair...dip your finger in the oil and smear it just once on a front paw.

Good to know. The stuff I bought was In a tube and was like grease.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
This effing cat wakes me up at puking out in the hallway one more night again, and I'm taking it to the pound. Freaking once a month thing.

I feel your pain brother. I love my cats, but the puking/peeing when they are sick or distressed can be absolutely maddening.

Just remember that the cat isn't trying to ruin your day, it's trying to tell you something is wrong.

Originally Posted by JLTD
One cat is too many. Sorry to those that like them, but not a fan.

Do you also randomly walk into a Starbucks and announce to everyone that you don't like coffee?

Once a month would be nice, mine does it a few times a week.

She's had tons of tests, is healthy otherwise. She just yaks now and then.

At least the dog cleans up after it. Yuck!

Love cats, though. Such great pets.

I'll take a hairball puke over projectile dog vomiting everywhere anyday! Luckily the times that happened to me was outside on the patio or on the concrete basement floor that has a floor drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back