Is there a new (2018) list of GM Dexron VI licensees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garageman402

$100 Site Donor 2024
AC Delco Dexron VI has many different part numbers, with extremely different prices. Apparently, the newest incarnation of this is fully synthetic, License # J-60456. I found this license number on the only available picture of the back label of an AC Delco fully synthetic quart bottle.

I have been unable to find a list of current license holders, does it even exist anymore?

I doubt you will find a list. I know two that are.

Castrol Transmax Dexron-VI is Certified and approved by General Motors for all cars and trucks that require DEXRON -VI

Also, Castrol Transmax Dexron-VI Mercon LV

Mag1 has their Low Viscosity Multi Vehicle ATF listed as:

"Licensed by GM and Ford for use where DEXRON VI and MERCON LV transmission fluids are recommended"

Under 4 bucks a quart at RockAuto.

Here is an outdated list but has a few more brands than we mentioned above.

Screenshot_2018-09-27-12-07-58-1.png

Screenshot_2018-09-27-12-08-02-1.png

Originally Posted by RyanY
Here is an outdated list but has a few more brands than we mentioned above.

Thanks, Ryan, I am looking for this list in an updated version, is it even published anymore?

This list is in a very old thread here from 2012, I was looking for updated information

AFAIK no current published list is available. I will email GM via their site to request one, but I don't expect much...

Last edited:
I have this list from January 7, 2013, it was published by Lubrication Technologies. The editor for this newsletter (imakenews.com) passed away 7/27/18 at 11:51am I just found out. His name was Bob DeGennaro, and apparently he WAS the newsletter.

Attached are 4 pages of the License List, and the final edition (2 pages) of his newsletter with his obituary.

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.1.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.2.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.3.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.4.jpg

OEM:Lube News - Final Edition (Please Read) p.1.jpg

OEM:Lube News - Final Edition (Please Read) p.2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back