Galaxy S8+ weird app when clearing storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
Has anyone seen this weird app or whatever it is, in Korean or maybe Chinese characters, when clearing storage using Device Maintenance?
It's not showing anywhere and I could only catch it during the clearing process.

Screenshot_20180925-062005_Device maintenance.jpg

Appears to be Chinese.

You can try and figure out the translation if you have some time using this:
https://papago.naver.com/?sk=zh-TW&tk=en&st=%E5%8D%81%E5%85%A7%0A%E6%89%8D%E5%B7%A5

Is this a rooted phone? I ask because some of the Android Media boxes that are rooted do similar. I think it's because they were originally setup with Chinese language when first setup and then changed to english before they were shipped here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KrisZ
I just used Google translate camera feature and it came back with "super monitoring control". This might be related to my house security camera app, which is Chinese. I will uninstall it and see if I'd disappears.

That sounds quite likely.

Yup, turns out it's the security camera app. I uninstalled it and the weird characters disappeared. I re-installed it and it's back. At least if they included the app icon for that service it would've been clear.

Thanks for the ideas to identify this, better safe than sorry. I thought I picked up spyware or something.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back