What's everyone's favorite wax while you dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the absolutely the best stuff I've used over the past 5-6 years - Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax.

Not only does it provide very smooth surface protection, UV protection, and applies as easy as any product ever used...the best value is to get a 1/2 gallon and fill multiple spray bottles for handy use.

Bought a 1/2 gallon @29.99 - it filled (4) 16 oz spray bottles @ $7.50 each.

OH YEAH - and you can use it on painted surfaces, trim, glass, virtually any exterior surface.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I have been using kenotek showroom shine. The only issue is it is a little finicky on dark colored cars. I like the finish it leaves, non static, and keeps the dust collection down (which helps a lot out here in the desert).

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
This is the absolutely the best stuff I've used over the past 5-6 years - Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax.

Not only does it provide very smooth surface protection, UV protection, and applies as easy as any product ever used...the best value is to get a 1/2 gallon and fill multiple spray bottles for handy use.

Bought a 1/2 gallon @29.99 - it filled (4) 16 oz spray bottles @ $7.50 each.

OH YEAH - and you can use it on painted surfaces, trim, glass, virtually any exterior surface.

[Linked Image]

Still have one 16 oz bottle left despite using it virtually every week...

...just got delivery of another 1/2 gallon (about a 6-month supply) of Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax (with UV protection) on sale for $25.99 from Chemical Guys.

So gonna fill 4 more 16 oz spray bottles @$6.50/bottle.
banana2.gif

Great deal, super product. The nearby car wash manager is now hooked on it too, and says it's the best post-wash protective spray wax he's every used.

I like using CarPro Hydro2 diluted 6:1. It is sprayed on (one panel at a time), rinsed and 90% of the water can be removed via shop air or a blower.

I have never used a wax while you dry product. I've always done the two processes separately and always with good results. An obvious plus to this process would seem to be convenience, but what about the results, including looks and durability? I would highly doubt any of these products would last as long as say something like a Collinite or a Zaino, but I could be wrong...

It's not a replacement for a good wax or sealant job. What it does is add some longevity to the current finish.

Originally Posted by PimTac
It's not a replacement for a good wax or sealant job. What it does is add some longevity to the current finish.

Which is basically what quick detailers do as well. I'm just trying to get the purpose of the wax while you dry products...

Originally Posted by grampi

Which is basically what quick detailers do as well. I'm just trying to get the purpose of the wax while you dry products...

I must disagree. The purpose of a Quick Detailer is to provide some lubrication during a quick wipe-down.. such as what one would do to get a light coat of dust off the car. As a rule, they RARELY have wax or other protectants in them. They frequently have shine enhancers, but those are an entirely different thing.

A wax-as-you-dry product, on the other hand, DOES provide a very little bit of wax/protection during its application.

I just simply use Megs waterless wash using a MF towel dipped in RO/distilled water, followed with a dry MF. Then wax with 845 once and awhile.
Whether it was a quick trip through a touch less wash, or just a little dusty. It works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi

This is another example where confusion has set in. Originally, quick detail sprays were a quick gloss touch up product. Over the years they have evolved in quasi sealants. Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is a classic example. This can be used as a LSP given its sealant characteristics and hydrophobic properties. The same with a number of wax products today. These modern waxes contain polymers and other components that make them easy to apply and give great protection.

The wax as you dry concept is a time saving measure. You have to dry the car anyway. By applying a spray wax or a quick detailer it speeds up the drying process due to the hydrophobic effects of the product you use and also lays down a thin coat of protection on top of your main coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back