Pennzoil Platinum dexos1 gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m living in china and i bought it at JD.COM.

68E9A268-41DB-4E34-B8D3-BDCF6EF6C6B3.jpeg

DECC0F49-34F2-41FD-AB66-11596371A47D.jpeg

D1FDE1AC-54D2-413C-ADB6-F7071452EBF1.jpeg

16B9D371-8304-4377-94BD-08667DB69057.jpeg

E60BBD61-90F8-4105-B371-DD01B44783EF.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those viscometrics look about right. The back label does say "Made in USA", and it's labelled exactly the same as here in the states. I'd say its authentic. Was the seal perfect? Sometimes counterfeit product makes its way to some shelves here, and in China I'd certainly be wary of it.

How much did it cost (in U.S.A. dollars)? Wondering what tariffs China charges on U.S. motor oil. With the trade war gathering steam, look for prices to go up on American goods there. Chinese imports are everywhere here and prices might slide up a bit here.

The product we tested is definitely imported from us via trade merchant. Of course the seal is perfect as same as in Walmart. The price of pp here is $33 for one and $60 for two。Mobil 1 afe 020 has gone up, and the vial has gone up 20 RMB or $3.

In the report, -25 is the cloud point, and -51 is the pour point.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Those viscometrics look about right. The back label does say "Made in USA", and it's labelled exactly the same as here in the states. I'd say its authentic. Was the seal perfect? Sometimes counterfeit product makes its way to some shelves here, and in China I'd certainly be wary of it.

How much did it cost (in U.S.A. dollars)? Wondering what tariffs China charges on U.S. motor oil. With the trade war gathering steam, look for prices to go up on American goods there. Chinese imports are everywhere here and prices might slide up a bit here.

Originally Posted by goodboy
The product we tested is definitely imported from us via trade merchant. Of course the seal is perfect as same as in Walmart. The price of pp here is $33 for one and $60 for two。Mobil 1 afe 020 has gone up, and the vial has gone up 20 RMB or $3.
People have reported used oil or some kind of substitute oil in Walmart jugs in the past, maybe bad employees doing it, or customers who returned the jug filled with not-new oil of some kind, etc. It happens, rarely I'd say. (Happens more with oil filters getting changed around in their small boxes, a cheap one put in a Fram Ultra box, for example.)

That's not a bad price at all. Especially when you consider it was shipped half-way around the planet to get to China! Here Walmart sells the same 5-qt jug for $23 U.S., so $33 in China is good too.
Might consider one of the several good Japanese 0w20 brand oils there, shipped closer to China to help the price one might think..... Idemitsu (Zepro), Eneos, etc. all very good.

Japanese oil is more expensive to sell in China, possibly because of the small amount.Idemitsu zepro 020 sold for 385 ,56$.China's own engine oil is more expensive。

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by goodboy
People have reported used oil or some kind of substitute oil in Walmart jugs in the past, maybe bad employees doing it, or customers who returned the jug filled with not-new oil of some kind, etc. It happens, rarely I'd say. (Happens more with oil filters getting changed around in their small boxes, a cheap one put in a Fram Ultra box, for example.)

That's not a bad price at all. Especially when you consider it was shipped half-way around the planet to get to China! Here Walmart sells the same 5-qt jug for $23 U.S., so $33 in China is good too.
Might consider one of the several good Japanese 0w20 brand oils there, shipped closer to China to help the price one might think..... Idemitsu (Zepro), Eneos, etc. all very good.

733B2DC2-B515-4CDD-BCB4-B33B8BC375D0.png

9946D471-C71C-4C48-A4ED-6BEE3DABA75A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back