Shortest time you owned a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Ford Focus I bought in 2001 with 35,000 miles, build quality was bad, spent a lot of time at the dealer. After a bad fuel pump just shy of 40,000 miles it was all I could take. I dumped it for a 1997 Mustang GT, older car way more reliable. No more first year cars for me.

My 2015 Dodge Journey killed earlier this year in an accident. (Red light runner) Had 111,000km (69,000 miles).

Can't say I'm sorry to have lost that vehicle because it was having all sorts of problems in the past year it shouldn't have had.
I didn't like that I almost died in the accident because it was so bad. I'm still paying health wise in someways from that accident.
frown.gif

Last edited:
I had a 97' Camry with 196k miles, sold it in July 2014. I owned it for only 8 months and 12k miles.

Was a decent little car but a family member gave me a car and I decided to sell the Camry.

I've seen it a few times since, last time was last Spring.

The shortest time were for 2 cars:

1st a new 1970 Firebird Esprit kept for 12 months and sold it due to its poor engineering

2nd a new 1971Fiat 124 4door also kept for 12 months and sold due to the fact that it was biodegrading in front of my eyes, but great fun to drive.

About 20 months for the old Chevy below. However, I'd been familiar with it for 18½ years, because my parents bought it new.

The Subaru dealer gave me only $35 for it, although it was still reasonably reliable and running well. I wish I'd at least kept the owner's manual.

Before the Cherokee in my signature I had another 2000 Cherokee that I owned for 7 months and 8,000 miles in 2008. It was totaled by a driver who lost control and t-boned me while I was stopped. It only had 70k miles on it.
frown.gif

Last edited:
She shortest time we had a car was a '94 Accord EX for 1 year. Decent car but neither me nor my wife felt strong about the car so, we went out and bought a Camry.

The 2005 Subaru Forester XT we had for a couple of months. Subaru couldn't get the issues with it resolved, so we ended up with the 2006 Charger R/T.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
The 2005 Subaru Forester XT we had for a couple of months. Subaru couldn't get the issues with it resolved, so we ended up with the 2006 Charger R/T.
Sssshh, not allowed to criticize Subaru on this board.......
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted by Al
Had my Ford Pinto 5 years too long (Total 5 years)

Good thing no one tapped you.

2009 GMC SLT Sierra. I had hoped to keep this truck for at least 10 yrs but with continuing problems, including a new engine, I just couldn't keep it any longer.
By far the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

I traded it on my current 2013 Ram Hemi and haven't looked back.

I have never driven something so gutless in my life! Joined GM forums and I wasn't alone. 345 H/P and it wouldn't even spin the tires.

1965 Ford Custom 500 4-door, 289 2-bbl - it ran like a Swiss watch! Bought it for $100 (tree fell on it)

Sold it later that same day to a guy fixing up a 1965 Mustang - the 289 engine from the Custom 500 had the right date code that he wanted. 300% Profit.

My first car, a 1970 Toyota Corona Mark II, April to September when working a Summer outdoor job.

Sold it within 2 weeks of returning to the city. Smartest car thing I ever did.

Little more than 5 weeks. Bought a 1985 Bronco 2 with less then 80,000 miles & the body in perfect shape back in 1999 for $1700.00 off an elderly lady my Family known. Coming home from work 3rd shift in the morning -- fell asleep & parked it into somebodys garage totaling the Bronco & there car inside.

1998 Toyota Rav4 I bought in March 2007 and sold in March 2010.

It was a good vehicle, but life took an unexpected turn and I needed a pickup truck. I couldn't afford one unless I sold the small SUV. I still have the pickup truck I bought then, a 2006 Ford Ranger.

I bought my wife a 1989 or so Ford Tempo when we were dating. We had it less than 48 hours and took it back to the dealership. It kept dying on us and the transmission seemed to be slipping. Pretty much everything else we have had between 1-5 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back