Post your latest mileage achievement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you recently hit 200 K, 300K or 400 K, let's hear about it. Give us your take on what oil attributes made this possible, ie weight, type (synthetic or Dino) and even if you had a favorite brand. Keep it going! ( If there is already a posting on this, revert to that one. It would be great if we can keep one alive, just like the oil change postings).

Last edited:
My truck recently hit 251k.its always had its oil changed with supertech or whatever my dad would buy. He neglected everything else. I'm surprised the truck has made it this far.

'97 Honda Accord sold a couple years ago at 437000 kms, still running like a top. Oil changes every 5000 kms at the Honda dealer by the original owner until 300000 kms, then QS Defy every 5000 kms by me. Sold due to leaking steering rack, AC compressor shot, and rust. The guy I sold it to fixed 'er up, and it's still on the road.

93 Dodge Cummins, 452,000 kms running Shell Rotella T4 15W40. MotorGuard M100 roll every 5000 kms, Amsoil EAO80 changed every 40,000 kms.

2005 4.6 Ford Crown Victoia,285K miles. Used 5w20 Mobil 1 AFE the entire time. Changed oil every 7K miles. Used zero oil between changes .No major work was ever done to it. Sold it in 2016.

I've got 350K miles between two cars, but neither of them individually meet the requirement. Next year they should be really close to 200K each.

My most recent high mileage was 220K on a '00 Tundra 4x4 V8. In retrospect, that particular vehicle would certainly have gone much farther if I had kept it longer. 6K OCIs w/ M1 10w30 or 0w40 and OE toyota ATF every 60K. M1 in the differentials. I replaced the plugs and OE O2 sensors at 100K and 200K as PM, and coolant with OE toyota annually after 100K. Most of its miles were towing various trailers up and down the east coast.

The only repairs were a broken spider gear in the rear end around 100K (good excuse to put in a LSD) and a fan clutch that wouldn't unlock at around 140K and a MAF sensor right around 200K. I suspect the spider gears may possibly have been related to the rock crawling I had been doing the week before. The truck also had a lift and 12.5x33's on it which probably didn't help the rear end.

I have one bicycle that should pass 222k miles next week, and another with over 69k, not including whatever its previous owner did.

I have over 224,000 miles on my 3400 V6 Alero.

It's always gotten the recommended 5w-30, but no particular brand. Mostly M1 and PP. Filters have all been either AC Delco, Fram, or NAPA Gold.

I really wanted to drive this car to 250k miles, but we've already promised it to a neighbor girl who is getting her license this October.

Originally Posted by JR
298k on a 04 fusion se 2.3dohc
410k on my 97 f250 7.3l
both well maintaned, both out well

harvey

Are you sure your Fusion isn't a 2006...as that was the first year they were made.
The Fusion had the 2.3 DOHC from 2006 until 2009....and got the 2.5 in 2010...

I've seen a few of those little 4 cylinder Mazda/Ford (MZR) engines with very high mileage....one with 423K....I hope my 2014 Focus M/T Duratec last 300K...

I recently hit 8000 miles in my Corvette!
smile.gif

That doesn't sound like a big achievement for here, but some Corvette owners take 8 years to accumulate that kind of mileage and I've done it in 9 months, and that's with it not being driven in the rain or in the snow.

I recently rolled over 300k with my 1995 Dodge Ram 318. 500 miles later, it started misfiring. Turned out to be three bad exhaust valves and low compression. Borescoped the cylinder walls and they looked great! Could've probably gone another 100k if it weren't for the darn valves.
Truck was run on Valvoline Max Life for the last 140,000 miles.

Found a used 318 engine with 169k and bolted it in the truck. Filled it full of Valvoline. Runs like a new truck for 1/80th the cost.

And they say American vehicles are crap.......

I drove a ‘79 Dodge PowerWagon for 17 years … guy bought it and ran it on his ranch a few more years …

Originally Posted by CR94
I have one bicycle that should pass 222k miles next week, and another with over 69k, not including whatever its previous owner did.

What sort of bicycle???

352K on my '04 Corolla. Use Supertech oil and Wix filters with a 6K OCI...still going strong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back