Whats in your beef burger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I'm not going to eat meat from a diseased or sick cow.

Veterinary science is responsible for us being able to eat well and to CONSISTENTLY eat well because farmers aren't losing their stocks to disease.

You can always go buy the $20/lb organic ground beef at Whole Foods if you want to take a moral stand on the matter.

Even vegetables and nuts can be farmed with certain pesticides that are almost necessary to yield a crop worth selling. This is just how agriculture works.

If we're going to feed everyone on this planet and everyone should get fair access to the same foods, then we have to increase crop yields so that the wealthiest CEO or the poorest kid can still eat a hamburger.

Big rare grilled Porterhouse steak last night man that's good glad I'm not some Kool-Aid drinking vegetarian that thinks I'm healthier and better than everyone else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave123
Big rare grilled Porterhouse steak last night man that's good glad I'm not some Kool-Aid drinking vegetarian that thinks I'm healthier and better than everyone else.

Seems you and I think about the same on the matter.
11.gif

Ummm last night I mixed in some chopped red onions and coated the upside with Guildens deli brown mustard on my Prime burger.....I dont see any mention of that in the article though.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
If we're going to feed everyone on this planet and everyone should get fair access to the same foods, then we have to increase crop yields so that the wealthiest CEO or the poorest kid can still eat a hamburger.

I take issue with this. Instead of expecting science to go through Herculean efforts to increase crop yields, how about reducing the number of consumers? Even if we increase crop yields, it is likely that population would increase to the point that we are back to square one. Then what do we do?

Originally Posted by Kestas

I take issue with this. Instead of expecting science to go through Herculean efforts to increase crop yields, how about reducing the number of consumers? Even if we increase crop yields, it is likely that population would increase to the point that we are back to square one. Then what do we do?

Will you volunteer for first in line?

I used to eat a ton of meat about 10 years ago and before that. Slowly as I get older I found myself eating far less meat and eating more vegetables. Not because of things like above but because I felt better physically doing that.

Fast forward a few years and I got told I was Type-2 diabetic. That scared the crap out of me because I hadn't hit 40 yet.

I jumped on a no carb, Keto diet with mainly vegetables, high sources of good fats and limited protein mostly chicken & fish (pasture raised / wild caught) and grass fed beef when I do have it. I have lost a ton of weight, not needed medication for blood sugar, have heap loads of energy and feel the best I have ever been.

I think diet has a lot to do with it and meat isn't evil but I think quality meat is the answer in moderation combined with an abundance of high fiber vegetables.

Last edited:
I'm glad you posted that StevieC.

The mere mentioning of eating smartly or lessening our polluting footprint instantly causes a backlash centered around evil hippies controlling the world and making us live in some kind of health compound.

It's actually sad so many have such a childish, knee jerk reaction.

Originally Posted by Kira
I'm glad you posted that StevieC.

The mere mentioning of eating smartly or lessening our polluting footprint instantly causes a backlash centered around evil hippies controlling the world and making us live in some kind of health compound.

It's actually sad so many have such a childish, knee jerk reaction.

I would have never believed it either being a Meat-atarian for so many years and growing up Italian where pork/beef are staples with every meal sort of thing. But since the health scare and wanting to make a change and trying various diets I can say without a doubt eating a high proportion of vegetables and incorporating just a small amount of quality meat into the diet and avoiding all processed foods and grains is the best thing that I have ever tried. I'm down 100lbs and I didn't count calories and feel really great.
grin2.gif

Last edited:

I'm actually of the same mindset, but that isn't something that can ever be suggested because it rustles too many jimmies. Apparently we're supposed to keep populating until we're crammed in like sardines because that would be very virtuous or something.

I'm actually of the same mindset, but that isn't something that can ever be suggested because it rustles too many jimmies. Apparently we're supposed to keep populating until we're crammed in like sardines because that would be very virtuous or something.
Depends what group "we" is.

Originally Posted by maxdustington

Depends what group "we" is.
1933 to 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back