ECOGARD X10479 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks from chilly PA
smile.gif

Filter and QSGB 5W30 was off a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, my aunts car with 60k on it. She doesnt drive it much also. About 5,100 miles on this oil and filter. Put some Formula Shell 5w30 and a HYUNDAI/KIA Premium Guard knock off in and on

20180922_140524.jpg

20180922_140516.jpg

20180922_140641.jpg

20180922_140810.jpg

20180922_140757.jpg

20180922_140814.jpg

20180922_140820.jpg

20180922_140833.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Filter looks pretty good Adam. I'm real curious what that next filter with the Shell oil is going to look like.

I don't know when that will be as she lives 2+ hours away but hopefully next year or soon

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Looks pretty stellar for a sub $3 filter... I know it's selfish but I'm looking forward to your next week's worth
smile.gif

I await your package anxiously
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
These guys could teach Purolator how to make a low end filter!

Yeah, sad that a china or korea made filter holds up while MANN/HUMMEL trash tears

Or just about any filter except PureOne...
Yes-the Boss seems to be the only Puro that can hold up without tearing. All their low end ones are suspect, and sadly Puro makes a whole boatload of private label junk-Promotive, Proline, QS, some STPs, Reds, Classics, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Yes-the Boss seems to be the only Puro that can hold up without tearing. All their low end ones are suspect, and sadly Puro makes a whole boatload of private label junk-Promotive, Proline, QS, some STPs, Reds, Classics, etc., etc.

Who currently makes Microgard?

Back in the 90's, I ran a Motorcraft FL-1A for 30,000 miles with regular oil changes, and it looked fine when cut apart.
It had a lot of "chunks" of carbon bits between the pleats (many pieces were bigger than a grain of sand) but it wasn't "sludged up" at all.

No offense sir; but my 76 year old aunt doesnt stress a vehicle much. It took over a year to put this many miles on. Being a 2011 i dont know if the 4cyl is direct injection also. QSGB does the job well

The more of these Ecogard X* filters I see posted in here, the more I am impress with what they provide for the price, and the more I consider buying one to try on my Fusion.

.. if I didn't already have 15 filters in the stash
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Who currently makes Microgard?

Wix. Same as Napa ProSelect and Wix Pro-tec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back